Lend me your ears for a little mix advice...

roy22341

Aug 23, 2008
Lafayette, LA
Long story short, I recently moved into an apartment in Louisiana and had a serious downgrade in available equipment. I've been degraded to using a PODxt and an MBox :cry: Oh, yeh and awful monitors.

Hoping you guys could help me out with a little test mix I did. Drums are real (recorded before I moved) and I just sloppily recorded the bass (direct) and the guitar (POD).

I'm just really not sure about the mix in general, I had gotten quite used to the room I was in before and the monitors I had been using there and was just looking for some opinions on what needs the most work (besides my playing).

https://dl.getdropbox.com/u/1980249/SongTwoTestes 1.mp3

Thanks a ton guys.

I could be wrong but it sounds like the kick and snare are panned left. Not really hard but maybe like 15-30%

Listening to it I think you're right, the snare does sound off center. I'll have to check that and work with the bass tone a bit when I get off of work tomorrow. I'll try to record a bit more so you can hear a tom fill. How do the drums sound otherwise though? Something about the overheads is bothering me and I can't figure what it is.