LePond on debut release of Operatika?

May 9, 2003
I was carousing an online cd store earlier and came upon a soon to be released album called, Operatika-The Calling.

I somewhat remember hearing about this band a couple of years back and it seems that before they had only released an EP/single. Under the description of this first full length album by the band it states that it features "Symphony X's Mike LePond on all tracks". Has anyone heard anything about him doing this side project? I would think that if he played bass on all of the tracks we would have heard something about it a while back?

Anyway, just curious is all...

LePond is usually pretty low profile about stuff he does for other bands, so it's not surprising that it was never announced over here.

There is no excuse for Fairyland. You can at least use an accent to mask the non-hetero factor in operatika, whereas there's no getting around the embarassment as saying FAIRYLAND.

To be honest I find the sheer arrogance an unoriginality of "Hey, lets get Opera... And put some shit on the end, just like Apocalyptica!" a lot worse than the just plain homosexual nature of Fairyland.