LEPROUS JOINS INSIDEOUT/CENTURY MEDIA FAMILY

AngraRULES

Aug 1, 2002
Visit site
For Immediate Release:

February 28, 2011 - InsideOutMusic, the leading label for progressive music, is proud to announce a new worldwide deal with one of the most interesting and talented young progressive outfits in today’s scene: LEPROUS from Norway.

"We’re all very happy ... no, delighted ... no, enthusiastic ... no, THRILLED to be a part of the InsideOut / Century Media family! InsideOut has always been the label we’ve considered the most suitable for our music, so this is really a dream come true for us! We're ready to take LEPROUS to new heights in 2011, and the signing with InsideOut / Century Media is just the first step."

LEPROUS are currently busy with studio work for their upcoming, still untitled next album, to be released via InsideOutMusic (Worldwide distribution through Century Media) after the summer of 2011. Stay tuned for more details to drop soon about an extremely interesting listening-experience coming your way soon ...

For more information, news, audio samples and everything else you need about Leprous, go to www.leprous.net or www.intromental.com.

Good for them! They totally blew me away at last years kick-off. I'm really looking forward to hearing their new stuff.

One of my favorite band at PP! I hope they can release the new album soon. Some of the songs they played from it were spectacular...

Ken discovers them and releases their debut introducing them to the prog world. Then, they all go to other labels. i.e. Riverside, Redemption, etc. InsideOut is no longer the great label it used to be. There was a time WHATEVER they released killed. Now it's on and off, and they've also lost some (great) bands like Threshold and Evergrey. Oh well. Good for Leprous, I guess.

Ken discovers them and releases their debut introducing them to the prog world. Then, they all go to other labels. i.e. Riverside, Redemption, etc. InsideOut is no longer the great label it used to be. There was a time WHATEVER they released killed. Now it's on and off, and they've also lost some (great) bands like Threshold and Evergrey. Oh well. Good for Leprous, I guess.

Not sure how you posted this and thought "yeah, this makes sense."

Hmmmm....

Sensory < InsideOut < SPV

Have you never left a company and gone to another because of better pay and benefits?

Murat,

I remember a similar post from you on PM Rising regarding another band leaving Sensory a few years ago (was it Redemption?) ... either way, what you're saying doesn't make sense.

Let's be real here - Ken did a fantastic job on discovering Leprous. Heck, Ken is the one who introduced them to me. He did a VERY good job on having "TPS" promoted and distributed all over the world.

At some point in time all (well, 99%) bands will look for a new label home. Not necessarily because they are unhappy with their current label, but because it's time to try something new. In some cases it's the label that tells the band it's time to go separate ways.

As for Inside Out - too bad you're not a fan of the label. Your loss, I guess. My favorite albums 2010 were Spiritual Beggars and Pain Of Salvation (both Inside Out releases) and so far my favorite album of 2011 is Jolly (also on Inside Out). In my opinion that bodes damn well for their quality.

Hmmmm....

Sensory < InsideOut < SPV

Have you never left a company and gone to another because of better pay and benefits?

lol SPV sucks right now. Inside Out is in a way better position. But, you're spot on with the second sentence. Criticizing a label for offering a better deal is just... weird.

Murat:

Bands come and go. Tall Poppy Syndrome is a fantastic album that despite significant promotion had a difficult time finding its way in the marketplace. Still I'm glad we released it.

Leprous are nice guys and extremely talented. I hope they have success with our friends at Inside Out.

Ken Golden

Prior to last year's ProgPower appearance, I thought that these guys would be great. But, they were even more impressive than I anticipated. The back of the neck definitely hurt after their show. I am very glad to see them moving forward.:headbang:

And still, Leprous's first album (Aeolia or something) lays deep in a basement dungeon . . .

And still, Ben appears to be living in a dungeon, not knowing what he's talking about . . .

http://www.leprous.net/store.html

Anyways, there's nothing wrong with a band moving forward with a new, bigger label. If you have a job, and after a little while you get offered the same position at a bigger company, with a bigger salary, why would you say no?

Plus, I must add... Ken Golden (Sensory/Laser's Edge) is a class act. He's always doing as much as he can for his bands, and the post above shows the kind of guy he is. I am sure that, as he loses Leprous in his cast, he will continue to find, sign and release quality progressive metal acts that everyone will enjoy... and these bands will eventually move up to bigger labels if they can. It's a normal cycle. It's called the nature of the music business.

Ken's the man, but I wouldn't say he discovered them. They were Ihsahn's backing band before they signed with Sensory, weren't they?

haha it always looks so weird with you quoting me and then me in your sig. I feel like I have a stalker sometimes....

and I like it...