Lessons from the world's oldest man..

AD Chaos

MGTOW
Aug 3, 2009
Came across this article on a 114-year-old man (guy named Walter Breuning) who died Thursday.
Some of his words:

• Embrace change, even when the change slaps you in the face (every change is good)

• Eat two meals a day (that's all you need)

• Work as long as you can (that money's going to come in handy)

• Help others (the more you do for others, the better shape you're in)

Accept death.
"We're going to die. Some people are scared of dying. Never be afraid to die. Because you're born to die".

Here's the article

If all I need is two meals a day, wouldn't it mean that eating, say, 5 meals a day (as I do) would make me fat from the "unnecessary" excess? And since I'm not fat, and only eat when I'm hungry (and I mean HUNGRY), I'm inclined to agree with Drew, at least about that one

Eating 10 times a day is not necessary at all, expecially the more you become old. I see lot of old people being ossessionated by food and other that eats the strict necessary that are slim and in good shape.

Yeah but you've also got a lot more bulk to maintain than some people Marcus.

I generally eat 2 meals a day with a lot of snacks of fruits and vegetables and nuts and such in between.
I see food as being there to sustain me so I can continue living and is of no further importance to me beyond that.

If all I need is two meals a day, wouldn't it mean that eating, say, 5 meals a day (as I do) would make me fat from the "unnecessary" excess? And since I'm not fat, and only eat when I'm hungry (and I mean HUNGRY), I'm inclined to agree with Drew, at least about that one

Dont you lift? Thats not exactly the same :lol:

You probably only need about 1500 calories to live (depends on height as well of course) and you could probably neck that in hearty two meals.

However if you're doing anything remotely physical I wouldnt want to be eating less than 3k otherwise you'll just end up looking like some sort of african child.

Yeah, for a period I was getting around 1.5k calories a day, if not less. This was mainly last summer when I spent most of my time sat under trees just chillin'.
Was eating mostly raw fruits and vegetables, nuts and seeds at the time, with a cooked meal a day and sandwiches for lunch. Rarely ate breakfast.
Felt perfectly healthy, if not more so than I had ever felt before.

Eating fer sustenance as opposed to eating to help gain mass are totally different things.

Very common for those of a more spiritual bent to go for longer than I ever have on far less food simply due to mind over matter.

Totally depends how you're spending your time and for what reasons you are eating in the first place. \o/

"But he remained a fiercely loyal railroad man, so loyal that he only took an airplane once in his life, and that was to attend the funeral of a relative in Minneapolis."

So much for embracing change. :lol:

Dietary advice for everyone, regardless of gender/age/body type/physical activity/medical history/etfuckingc? :rolleyes:

Anyway, the rest is okay I guess. It's just too generic. Be nice to people? Revolutionary! :D

3000+ calories a day, spread out between 3 to 6 meals depending on how I feel. Suck on dat old bitchy man.
Don't think I'd enjoy eating 3000+ calories a day in two meals. Three is the minimum, but 4-6 is preferable.

I worked mine out the other week and its somewhere around 4230, which I figure is Tony's cutting diet. :lol: