Let's all look at Don Dokken and say "WTF?"

dargormudshark

Sep 25, 2003
houston,Tx
www.dreamspaceonline.com
"Hi everyone, it has been a long time since I have posted a note. Since our European tour, I have been locked up in my studio writing for a new DOKKEN release: 'Lightning Strikes Again'. We have four songs left to write before we start recording. For those of you that loved 'Tooth and Nail', this new one is very similar: heavy melodic DOKKEN.

"We have a lot of cool things in the works. You'll all be seeing a lot of vintage DOKKEN t's in the malls soon. It's all the rage right now, as well as hats, keychains and other goodies they should be out around September in places like Hot Topics, Wal-Mart, Tillys and so on you will be able to get them at our web site as well. They will be original art from '85 thru '89.

these are 2 issues I would like to comment on and see some views on. Starting with the second one, how could a musician be so money grubbing to the point that he wants a bunch of punk ass teenagers who have never heard Dokken to wear his shirts. "They are all the rage right now" ...sounds like someone needs a good kick in the testicles.

The first paragraph applies to alot of the old school metal bands, WTF is up with the nostalga shit? Helloween, Queensryche, Priest, and Dokken are all following this...probably more. Why do these guys feel the need to spark interest by naming there album after an old popular one or song? 10 bucks says Dio's next album is called Unholy Diver.

Thoughts please...

Don's getting old and would like to retire soon. He needs som cash in order to do so.

Their recent albums probably sold, what - 30,000 copies? He plays small clubs. How much money is he making from all of that? Probably much less than we'd think.

Anyway, Dokken was never "underground", so let them sell shirts!

I don't really care myself. I think it's kind of cool seeing the old school shirts around. I also think most of these bands need to get back to thier roots, so I don't mind that much either. As long as they don't disgrace some of the earlier work. I am looking forward to the QR and Helloween releases. I like the latest Priest release too. It all comes down to, if you don't like it don't buy it. :headbang:

Don needs to get back togther with Lynch & Pilson for one last run...
VH-1 will be getting thme together in 2006 for a reunion & hopefully
that will be the end of Dokken the band...
I don't care for anything Dokken has put out since Dysfunctional...
It's all been getting worse & worse...

sixxswine said:
Don needs to get back togther with Lynch & Pilson for one last run...
VH-1 will be getting thme together in 2006 for a reunion & hopefully
that will be the end of Dokken the band...
I don't care for anything Dokken has put out since Dysfunctional...
It's all been getting worse & worse...

Agreed! The last album sucked so badly I actually deleted it from my HD :ill:

Wow, that must have been a bad record Pabla. Never got around to hearing it, let alone buying it. Thanks for the warning.

We seen Dokken last year and they were good I thought. :erk: Maybe we caught him on a good night? :loco:

SavaRon said:
Wow, that must have been a bad record Pabla. Never got around to hearing it, let alone buying it. Thanks for the warning.

We seen Dokken last year and they were good I thought. :erk: Maybe we caught him on a good night? :loco:

Yes! Please don't get anywhere near that album... what a DUD! By the cover I was expecting something "heavy" or remotely heavy... (sigh) it was anything but that and his vocals on it... :ill: