Let's talk about flying V's please. (and post'em if you got'em!)

Lasse: I've seen pics of your KV2, looks gorgeous! There is one exactly like that for sale locally to me, I'm heavily considering it.

Since you are in a position of owning both the Kv2 and the ESP NV, which would you say comes up on top?

Damn son! That's tasty!

Sound wise I always prefer ESPs, at least for metal rhythm guitar, for hard rock I prefer Jacksons (in generally the ESPs seem to sound smoother and the Jacksons a little grainier), not sure why that is, my suspicion is the position of the bridge pickups, on the ESPs it seems to be a tiny bit closer to the bridge than on the jacksons....and closer to the bridge= tighter more controlled sound.

Both are great guitars though.
I prefer OFR over kahler....
The kahler is a great trem for sure, but I'm more used to how the FR feels, so I sold my nv and got an sv

Hmm. The Jackson KV2 is definitely screaming my name. I'll just have to trawl the web until I find a second hand one at a reasonable price.
There's always the King V Elite that they did a limited run of, but finding one is a motherfucker. Plus they only did really bland colours :lol:

I got some.

IMG_0948.jpg

Thars the Edwards. I also have a LTD Alexi that I don't have any recent pictures of.

Sup? :)

With the exception of a Set neck Vrs. neck thru,,,your specs describe an Agile Hornet pretty well.

Light weight Mahogany flat top body
USA Made EMG 81/85 Pickups
Hardshell Case Included
25.5" scale 1 piece maple set neck
Ebony fret board with no markers. Position markers are located on the side of the neck.
24 Extra Jumbo 2.9mm frets and a 16" radius neck for fast play
Grover Die Cast tuners
Reverse Headstock
Licensed Floyd Rose Tremolo
Width of the neck at the nut: 1 5/8"; at the 22st fret: 2 3/16"
Overall length 45.5"; Scale length: 25.5"
Width at the widest point: 17", body thickness at the edge: 1.5"
Actual Weight is only 8 lbs

... and it only $400 with case.

hornetpro6wh1.jpg
hornetpro6wh3.jpg

http://www.rondomusic.com/hornetpro6wh.html

I had a neck thru Hornet 727 7 string that was pretty killer..
GEDC0453.jpg

But always end up just playing my true love...
100_0692-1.jpg

MOSHON
DAVE

Best V I've ever played was my 1990 Jackson Rhoads Pro.

DSCF2289.jpg

I've played many new Jacksons and even quite a few custom shops and IMO they can't touch mine. They were made out of poplar back in the 80s and early 90s, then they moved to alder and just sounds different now. I got it last summer for $800 which is actually pretty high for these. Same exact specs and parts as the USA's, just made in Japan also overwatched by the USA custom guys. I got it in damn near mint condition too. The picture is from right after I got it, since then I've put dual EMG 81's and most recently a custom wound set of Dean DMT pickups in white. The EMG's will go back as soon as I get another white guitar to put the DMT's in.