Leviathan (USA) 1994 Deepest Secrets Beneath Good Prog Metal

modernwizardry

I want stout!
Aug 18, 2009
Chicago, IL
satanshallow.bandcamp.com
I found this album at a local used CD shop and I thought the cover art was cool so I listened in store and ended up buying. Some really good progressive metal and a little thrashy at times. Reminds me a bit of dream theater. Lots of odd timing and tempo changes. Apparently they have a debut self titled CD too. I think people here will enjoy. This is not my favorite track but the only song I could find on youtube:

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes sir that is a very good band indeed. I do believe they actually have three full length albums and one EP out.
Last I heard from them was the album "Scoring the Chapters" in (I think) 1996 or 1997. They did change vocalist after Deepest Secrets though. I think the guy who sings on that one is Jack Aragon, but can't remember the name of his replacement. Always really liked Aragon. He kinda reminded me of a metal version of Jon Anderson :lol:.

Great find this album.

Scoring the Chapters is brilliant!!!! Their other two are also good. I don't often listen to lite-prog-metal such as this, but their incredible songwriting really drew me in.

Leviathan is a great band! They seemed to improve with each album. Their last album before disbanding was "Scoring The Chapters," but they just recently reunited. They even filmed their reunion gig for a DVD release, which you can purchase through The Laser's Edge. They are currently working on their first album in twelve years. I can't wait!

Stay metal. Never rust.
Albert