Librarius Metallicus skins

jimbobhickville

Tyrant in Distress
Most of you don't know this, but Librarius Metallicus is skinnable. Our good friend Lutz has created a skin which can be viewed at
http://www.librariusmetallicus.com/?skin=lutz The skin will remain that way until you go to http://www.librariusmetallicus.com/?skin=default to reset it back to default.

There is also a skin I made to look like UltimateMetal (before they redesigned) which can be viewed at http://www.librariusmetallicus.com/?skin=um

If anyone is interested in making more skins, please email me for instructions (it's quite easy if you know CSS). It only takes me about 5-10 minutes to set up a new one once the CSS is done.

Someday there will be a way to choose them from the site, but for now you can use those links to check out this long-dormant feature of the site.

Thanks to Lutz for taking the time to work on his skin.

jimbobhickville:
I noticed.. When you click on an album the text-color on "Label(s), Band:, Genre", etc.. is set to nothing.. and well most browsers are set so that it displays text-color as black when it is not specified. And black on black isnt so good, hehe.

If you could just change these styles to look like this:
Code:
body {
 margin-top: 2px;
 margin-left: 2px;
 margin-right: 2px;
 margin-bottom: 2px;
 background-color: #000000;
 color: #ffffff;
 }

.content_title {
 text-align: center;
 background-color: #444444;
 font-size: 13pt;
 font-family: verdana, arial;
 font-weight: bold;
 width: 100%;
 border: 1px #eeeeee solid;
 }
the problem will be fixed.

Also i noticed i had forgot to edit the error-style, so if you could change it as well to:
Code:
.error {
 font-size: 10pt;
 font-weight: bold;
 font-family: verdana, arial;
 }

Everything should be fine after that, thanks :)

spaffe said:
i didn't know that, nice feature, and a nice skin as well, but what's up with the algiz-rune? :)
Thanks.
About the rune.. I didnt really know which pic to put in the corner, so i just put the rune there until I had figured out what to put there., hehe.. Maybe it should just be blank? Anyways, doesnt really matter to me :)

I fixed it as well as I could in mozilla 1.3, but it seems that there is a bug in mozilla which doesn't allow fixed widths for inline elements, so some of the links are bunched up on top of each other still. I'll be looking into ways to make that work. It looks decent in mozilla 1.3 and perfect in IE 6.0 right now, so if it's still messed up in firebird, you may want to try one of those until I can work on it some more.

Hmm yeah it looks good now besides those top links (in Firebird, this version based on Mozilla 1.4b). Thanks for fixing it, all too many sites that are only I.E compatible these days..

Looks fine in Opera (7) too, better than before actually, because the left hand menu's width was varying before (depending on the length of the longest text in there). Although, I'm not sure if this improvement is because the new css, or because I just upgraded from Opera 6 to 7.

Just tested.. It is broken in Opera 6.12 but works in 7.11 Beta 2.
As a sidenote the site now "works" (although of course it looks weird) in Links. Which it didnt before.