Life Of Agony - Soul Searching Sun

Irate is the shit! Played with them a few times. Also got kicked, yes kicked, square in the HEAD singing along to them at CBGB once. It was no accident - I guess the fans didn't like non-crew members singing along, LOL.

Joe

Irate is the shit! Played with them a few times.

I love them ! Very underestimated band too !

By the way, if you don't know already, their singer Phil Vibez has a new band called The Judas Syndrome, whose drummer/producer is Coneyis, one of the Andy Sneap forum members.

Also got kicked, yes kicked, square in the HEAD singing along to them at CBGB once. It was no accident - I guess the fans didn't like non-crew members singing along, LOL.

Joe

Lol. Hate it when that kind of retarded tough guy bullshit happens. Stupid people ruin this thing.

All right thanks ! You guys got a myspace ? I wanna check it out.

Also did you have the chance to tour/play with bands like Merauder / All Out War / Skarhead / Madball / SOIA / Irate ? Any stories about them ?

I left the band around the 2k change over, but I believe they do have a myspace www.myspace.com/miseryny

When I was in the band we toured / opened for / with:
LOA
Biohazard
Type O
VOD (Vision of disorder)
Sheer Terror
Sick Of It All
Testament (3 shows on the east coast)
Sepultura (2 shows on the east coast)
Prong
The Misfits

Mainly the NYC bands of the time. None of them were more then small club tours up and down the east coast / mid west.

I left the band around the 2k change over, but I believe they do have a myspace www.myspace.com/miseryny

When I was in the band we toured / opened for / with:
LOA
Biohazard
Type O
VOD (Vision of disorder)
Sheer Terror
Sick Of It All
Testament (3 shows on the east coast)
Sepultura (2 shows on the east coast)
Prong
The Misfits

Mainly the NYC bands of the time. None of them were more then small club tours up and down the east coast / mid west.

Nice !

Can't wait for the new VOD by the way !

The Sepultura shows were post-Max Cavalera or with him ?

So back to the thread, Joey Z answered my email :

"Hey Gabriel,

My set-up hasn't changed that much since the beginning. I think the differences from record to record has heavily relied on the styles and skills of the producers/mixers. I basically use Les Pauls through Rectifiers and an occasional other amp blended, based on the parts of the songs. Very little effects, (if any at all), and seymour duncan "JB" or "distortion" pick-up. The important part of getting that huge sound is also contributed by the amount of layering in the rhythms you do. The more you do though, the more precise the playing must be in order to keep it sounding tight and consistent.

Hope this helps,

Joey
"