like female metal vocalists? please review my band

Shows promise, but it would be interesting to hear what this material would sound like with more studio time. :)

As to the recording itself, I feel the cymbals are too loud (by contrast, I can barely hear the drums, which sound muffled) and I can't hear the bass guitar except during the solo parts (I am listening through my computer speakers, but I should be able to hear the bass guitar), but the ideas and mood do come through quite well.

sumairetsu said:
Shows promise, but it would be interesting to hear what this material would sound like with more studio time. :)

As to the recording itself, I feel the cymbals are too loud (by contrast, I can barely hear the drums, which sound muffled) and I can't hear the bass guitar except during the solo parts (I am listening through my computer speakers, but I should be able to hear the bass guitar), but the ideas and mood do come through quite well.

thanks for the comment:)
as for the recording, we did it in my basement, with only 2 drum mic, so the quality is not the best. but the music itself is what i wanted to hear about anyway, so thanks again!

I don't really like the style of music but that's just me, but you sound pretty good. Good female vocalist indeed.

now i dont normally listen to female vocal stuff but i gotta admit this is damn cool. heh im playin in a basement band myself so i know how the quality issue works, still sounds better than alotta the stuff ive heard, ya got talent, keep it up

Freyja said:
thanks for the comment:)
as for the recording, we did it in my basement, with only 2 drum mic, so the quality is not the best. but the music itself is what i wanted to hear about anyway, so thanks again!

Ah, that explains it. :) If you're going to do that kind of thing, get yourself a pair of pressure zone microphones (Shure makes some; Radio Shack used to make them, but stopped). Get a mic and stick it in the bass drum, as well. Put the PZ microphones behind the drummer (on either side of their shoulders) rather than overhead and you'll get a better sound on the drums. If I knew where the tapes were that I recorded of my friend's band a few years ago with 4 microphones and a DI at a live show, I'd post it so you can hear what you can do with a little equipment and a 4-track cassette.

Most companies also sell drum microphone packages that aren't too expensive, too. :) Just a thought.