Like System of a Down - but better!

Go on the forum search and type in "because they're popular". I'd like to see how many results you get. When are musically ignorant people going to stop making that irrelevant argument? Do you ever think someone actually might not like a certain band because of the music itself?

And yes, I'd honestly rather listen to Bring Me The Horizon. Disturbed has some of the most annoying music and vocals I've had the displeasure of hearing.

So you like the worst possible deathcore more than a good nu metal band... congrats. lol @ "musically ignorant people" High horse much?

Really? I mean, don't get me wrong, they're amazing; but you want fun, bouncy music, and Arcturus doesn't really strike me as the "fun" kind.
Well there are dark undertones, to be sure, though I only use them as an example of the avant-garde, carnival style of, say...The Sham Mirrors that may actually appeal to a child who digs the wild, erratic nature of SoaD. While I might picture (when I listen to The Sham Mirrors) a twisted, acid-trip carnival with wide eyeballs, skulls and blood, he might picture Thomas the Train playing duck-duck-goose with Optimus Prime and Bob the Builder.

So, 'fun' is just subjective when you're trying to get inside the head of a child. Car Bomb is another good example - I'll bet he would like that.

So you like the worst possible deathcore more than a good nu metal band... congrats. lol @ "musically ignorant people" High horse much?

I greatly dislike both bands but I would rather listen to Bring Me The Horizon than rap with a metal guitar tone and banshee-like vocals.

I'm not sitting atop a "high horse" and I don't consider myself ultra enlightened when it comes to metal (especially compared to some of the other posters on this board). Judging by your posts, you don't seem to know much about metal and like really shitty bastardizations of the genre.

System of a Down in a plane crash.

System Of A Down's Syndrome

Anyway, The Misfits are a great recommendation. Try anything but the Jerry Only era.

Also try Alestorm (Come on, he's 5, they make songs about Pirates), Bobaflex, some of Mastodon, and Psychostick.

I'm not sitting atop a "high horse" and I don't consider myself ultra enlightened when it comes to metal (especially compared to some of the other posters on this board). Judging by your posts, you don't seem to know much about metal and like really shitty bastardizations of the genre.

So... I basically listen to death metal and doom... and alot of the subgenres contained within.

What's the issue with those exactly? :(

Depressive Age's Electric Scum album, maybe?

Last edited by a moderator:
I personally don't like this band all too much. But I can see why other's are liking it, atleast in Sweden.

Dead By April, pretty standard metal with some pop-influences. Some screams now and then.

So... I basically listen to death metal and doom... and alot of the subgenres contained within.

What's the issue with those exactly? :(

I'm not trying to be a forumpolice or anything, but isn't this discussion starting to stray away from the topic?

I never said there was an issue with those genres.

I actually think I said I could deal with listening to nu metal because my girlfriend does....

Other than that... I dont know where you're getting that at.

Anyway... enough of the retarded argument... the guy is trying to get music for a kid... let's leave it alone. :cool:

on topic... focusing on the wacky/odd side of SOAD
athiest
cynic
t.o.o.h.
cephalic carnage
eradykate
mastodon
intronaut

and just for fun... POWERGLOVE

~gR~