Like The Average Stalker

Triscore

Auryn Studios
Jan 21, 2010
Basque Country
www.aurynstudios.com
Hey!

I have done this cover, I love this song :). No keyboards on this, and sorry for not exactly playing and programming drums, but hope you like it and give me opinions to improve this, appreciated it!. Some info if you want to know and if you have some recomendations to change, let me know!:

*Drums - Kick10/Snare5 from SSD + Overheads and toms from SD2.0 MF
*Bass - one track with Ampeg stv + another one with TSE B.O.D.
*Guitars - TSE808 + TSE X30 + s-preshigh + asem recto

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4750104/Soilwork Cover-01.mp3

Cheers and have nice weekend to all.

Tris.

i think you nailed the soilwork tone. what did you do to get the guitars to sit in the mix like that?

Hey Tof. Glad that you like it. I think that I have put only EQ with HP90/100, LP at 11000hz more or less, and two cut's around 350hz and 600hz, nothing more, all of the rest eq comes from tseX30. A compressor with 4:1, very fast attack and moderate release, and after this a bit room reverb only to simulate the room that recorded because the IR sometimes sounds dry. I think the bass really helps to sit the guitars always in all mixes right? Or is my impression hehehe.

Hope that I helped you and have a nice day.

Cheers

Tris.

Take the compressor off of the rhythm guitars. Distorted guitars are already heavily compressed just due to the nature of what distortion does to a signal. That, plus any master bus compression you put on your mix is all you need for the guitars. They may also be a tad over-gained as well, but it's hard to tell as things sound very smashed right now.

Take the compressor off of the rhythm guitars. Distorted guitars are already heavily compressed just due to the nature of what distortion does to a signal. That, plus any master bus compression you put on your mix is all you need for the guitars. They may also be a tad over-gained as well, but it's hard to tell as things sound very smashed right now.

thank Fade for your listening time, really appreciate it. I will take in mind your advice, thanks a lot and have a nice day!

Cheers

T.

its the room verb that is SOILWORK! could you give some more details on the verb.

I think is Realverb Pro from UAD-2. Take rock guitar preset, and quit all, only keep the materials, and listen to the reverb, 3 or 4% is the way

Nice pick for a song! A time when soilwork was more than a dirty beaver. Ahh the memories ^^ Nice playing!

Ape!, yeah, sure man, after this album,Soilwork, for me ...ummmm hahaha. :)