Line 6 POD any good?

The POD has very nice effects, and effect tweaking. How ever if you want a pedal for practicing I would recommend a digitech pedal or a boss pedal with a expression pedal. The POD has a pedal that is sold separate but it is over $200. How ever the POD is still a high quality guitar processor.

Fuck that, POD ownz any dumb amp or pedal for practicing. Plug it in directly to your soundcard and practice through the computer speakers, or through real speakers from a good stereo amplifier, and it will be better than any gay practice amp.

OK it doesn't have the pedal thing. There's one that's cheaper than $200, I think for $50 or something. But fukk pedals, it's not neccessary for home practice. It's for live playing where a pod won't be suitable.

POD's are great for practice, or using direct. i sold mine and got a BOSS GT-6. the main reason for this is, there's a really noticeable gap in sound when changing effects with the footswitch. it's very bad...

POD is reather good for recording,computer music engineering.However,it's not very suitable for live.Really!!!Because the sound of guitar which is plugged into a POD is much lower than that of a guitar which is plugged into other compact effects pedals or some multi-effects like BOSS GT6.
If your live band includes only one guitar,that's okay to use POD.But when your live band includes more than 2 guitars,from the same amp,the one who uses POD couldn't be heard.

Pods are pretty decent to record with. Anything louder than bedroom level volumes and it sucks horrible... the louder you turn Line 6 gear up, the worse it sounds.

pods sound great when practicing at home, you get enough gain to get good harmonics and a good distortion.

When playing louder, it's up to your amp, if the pod does sound good.

I use some tube amp with my pod and the sound is also quite good when playing loud, but you cannot get the boost of big amp distortion like mesa boogie etc.

I quite like my POD and floorboard, even when playing live. We actually plug both guitars through PODs into a PA system. POD is great if you need lots of sounds, aka if you play various styles of music. The floorboard is really useful and easy to use, although that and the POD together cost a motherload...