Line 6 POD Pro

souldesertion

New Metal Member
Feb 12, 2009
hey,

I just wondered if you had any experience with using the line 6 Pods, particularly the early POD Pro models 2.0. I'm just using a direct feed into an Mbox 2. any advice guys?

Cheers

Try all the models, don't use too much gain, and twist the knobs till it sounds good (while playing with drums and bass so you get a tone that works well in the mix, instead of just on it's own)

Basically, the same as using any guitar amp setup really.

You might find you'll get better results if you bypass the POD's rather dated cab simulation and use impulses instead.

POD 2.0 is ancient bro, dunno why you would even consider using it when you can get an X3 now

I have one!!
The good old pod pro version 1.3 (same thing as the 2.0 bean)

I use it only live with a marshall 9200 power amp and a 4X12 avatar cab. Disto and lead tone are with the boogie emu.. can't be more happier and my clean tone is with the jazz chorus sim... I will upgrade to newer stuff only if the thing crash.

For direct recording I suggest you the put the pod to the mode that you don't have any cab sim(like I use with my power amp) and use it with impulse... You will have great result for sure.

I don't use it for direct recording because of all the amp sim software we have now... and best of all we have the TSE X30!!!! Ho my god! thank you so much Onqel :kickass::kickass::kickass:

Cheers, for the replies good sirs hehe...been managing to get some decent tones from the pod pro lately, I've heard about impulses, but how is it they work exactly? are they available as an RTAS plug-in or something?