line 6 ux1 ( for podfarm ) or blackstar ht-5 ?

aperfectmess

New Metal Member
Sep 29, 2010
Belgium
Hi guys,

i will explain my situation, now i live in appartement and i have no amps here...
so i'm looking for a small amp, i have a Randall RH 100 G2 in my older house and a 2x12 HB V-30 box.

So i heard joey sturgis use alot podfarm and after some research i found this guy : ( it can be really cool for start some project on my pc ) the podfarm standard can be cool ? or i absolutly need the podfarm platinium ? :S

the blackstar ht-5 it's my olde idea :D

sorry for my bad english and sorry if i'm in the wrong way, im new here and just wanted your opinion.

thanks for your help.

Last edited by a moderator:
We've gone this through so many times on this forum, so someone will probably reply impolitely to you, but I'll try to answer your questions and to be as nice as I can...

You can't achieve the sound you're looking for using the standard Podfarm.

You can't achieve the sound you're looking for ONLY USING Podfarm. To achieve the sound you're looking for requires skill and experience, and these things take TIME. It's not simply a preset in Podfarm you can load up.

To the good news: you CAN achieve the sound you're looking for, perhaps even better, using FREE plugins. Search this forum a bit.

See this thread for a start:

http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/production-tips/290714-preparing-your-tracks-reamping-guide.html

And check out LePou and The Serina Experiment. Great free plugins if you're using Windows, and more than adequate for creating a great tone. Read the Production Tips forum if you need to know how to use them, it's all in there.