Line6 Edit with HD147 problem

Justinschut

Mar 10, 2004
The Netherlands
Ok, so I got my HD147 and a MIDI to USB cable, but I got a problem. I looked at the Line6 board, but it seems to be kinda messed up at the moment so I thought I'd ask here..

I got everything to install, connect, send tones to the amp and overwrite...

The problem is, how do I use the tones when they're on my amp ? I have overwritten 1A, 1B, 1C and 1D but when I play the amp, the 4 preset channels are still the same.. I dont have the big floorboard, just the 2 button switch from my Spider. I did the whole synch thing that said it would actually write the tones to my amp, but they are nowhere to be found..

They're probably in different banks (most line 6 stuff has between 16-32 banks, each with an "A/B/C/D" option - of course, there's no indicator of this on the HD147, so if does have different banks, you'll need at least an FBV shortboard to change it :Smug: ) Kinda stupid design if you ask me, but then again, when I had mine, I just tweaked them by ear on the amp, and held down each button to save the preset, so it didn't really bother me

Yeah, but I thought bank 1A-D would be the 4 preset knobs on the amp... where else would those be stored ?

The thing that sucks about those amps without the FBVs are that whatever bank it was last one, is the one it will be on... so... only thing i could say is buy the fbv used off craigslist... or whatever the equivalent is in the netherlands...

yeah but if you press the 4 buttons on the front of the amp, it should go to those presets right ? Or are you saying it would go to preset A-D in whatever bank its in ? Maybe I should make every bank the same, see if that works then.. It wont really matter for me since I dont have the FBV right ?

Yeah, making every bank the same I would think would work (if anything would!) Why are you using a MIDI to USB cable, though? Doesn't the HD147 have a USB port? (I can't remember)

Line 6 Edit should tell you what bank you are in when you save the settings. Usually the banks and their subsequent channels are displayed on the right column of the edit window (IIRC, I sold my 147 back in '05 so there's a real good chance the software GUI has changed).

Just to be sure, you have both Midi IN and OUT plugged into the amp, right?

yeah I had the IN and OUT plugged in. It also said it worked and it was overwritten. You can see a load of presets on the amp on the right.. I guess I should take the 4 tones I got and overwrite every bank 1-D, see how that works. Havent seen anything that tells me which bank the amp is in.. and yeah, it's USB to midi