Lineup Shift & Ticket Sale Date Announced...and LUNA MORTIS added

GateXII

Soul Collector
Jun 26, 2001
Chicago, IL
www.twelfthgate.net
Headliners DEVILDRIVER, along with support bands SOIL and NOVEMBERS DOOM, will now be playing the Saturday, May 9th, date of this year's CHICAGO POWERFEST instead of the previously reported Friday May 8th date. Festival organizers, CRJ Productions, also commented: "Sorry for any inconvenience, but due to reasons beyond our control stemming from scheduling conflicts, this shift has become necessary."

Also, individual night tickets for Thursday, May 7th, & Saturday, May 9th, will go on sale this Saturday, March 7th, at 11am CT via all Ticketmaster locations.

Current Powerfest Lineup (updated)...

Thursday, May 7 (kick-off show with Paganfest tour):

KORPIKLAANI
ELUVEITIE
PRIMORDIAL
MOONSORROW
BLACKGUARD
SWASHBUCKLE

Friday, May 8:

Headliner
TBA
KIUAS (Fin)
ASSAILANT (Swe)
MINDWARP CHAMBER
BuzzNews.com Metal Wars Winner

Saturday, May 9:

DEVILDRIVER
SOIL
NOVEMBERS DOOM
PERZONAL WAR (Ger)
SHEEPHEAD (Ger)
LUNA MORTIS

MAJOR Friday headliner announcement will be made 3/30, along with their direct support and ticket info., including 2 & 3 day passes.

Also, as previously reported, CRJ Productions will continue with its official fan sponsorship/VIP program this year…intended to give fans a higher level of participation in the fest and a chance to take advantage of some cool perks.

For more information regarding Powerfest or the VIP program, please visit www.ChicagoPowerfest.com and www.myspace.com/chicagopowerfest

MAJOR Friday headliner announcement will be made 3/30...[/FONT]
Assuming the headliner is lined up, I'll be interested to find out why the delay between now and the 30th. I have no doubt you guys have a legitimate reason, as I'm sure you'd prefer to start selling tickets ASAP. Regardless, good luck.

Zod

I like the addition of Luna Mortis. I expressed my thumbs up for them in the Soilwork thread. Seen 'em a bunch and hope there's some bodies in the door to watch them.

As far as the switch of days for DD, Soil and ND...I suppose I am indifferent about it. I'm there all three days so I guess it doesn't matter to me. If it's a better fit I wouldn't know. More homework...

Hey Rob... not sure if this is something you can or care to answer. Do you have your final headliner locked down, but can't announce for some contractual reason or is the 30th a self-imposed deadline for locking down the headliner?

Zod

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=116082

Maybe the other headliner is 3 Inches of Blood since they are playing Slipknot and Devildriver in Saint Louis on the 6th. In which case that is more then fine with me, I havent seen them do a headlinign set yet!!

Testament is tenatively listed in Minneapolis on May 10. Maybe they are making a return appearance as the other headliner. 3IOB would be a good opener for them.