NOVEMBERS DOOM Acoustic Set Added!!

GateXII

Soul Collector
Jun 26, 2001
Chicago, IL
www.twelfthgate.net
NOVEMBERS DOOM have just confirmed that they will be adding a very special acoustic set on the same night, May 9th, of their main stage performance at this year's CHICAGO POWERFEST. This will be their first ever acoustic set on American soil, and will be held in the Pearl Room's connected lounge (Capone's) prior to their main set.

For this year's POWERFEST, festival organizer's CRJ Productions have made arrangements to have the adjacent lounge opened up to fest attendees as a special room for fans to kick back, hang out & check out some cool acoustic performances which will take place in between main stage acts. Additional vendors will also be invited to set up in the lounge area, and if any vendors are interested, please contact CRJ via the fest website www.ChicagoPowerfest.com

CRJ also commented, "This is yet another step towards our ultimate goal of creating the complete festival experience for the POWERFEST, and we're very excited to see how things will continue to develop. We hope that by opening up the lounge this year, it will give fans a chance to hang out, and even an opportunity to rest instead of having to stand the entire night...something many fans have expressed an eager interest in over the years."

Current Powerfest Lineup...

Thursday, May 7 (kick-off show with Paganfest tour):

KORPIKLAANI
ELUVEITIE
PRIMORDIAL
MOONSORROW
BLACKGUARD
SWASHBUCKLE

Friday, May 8:

Headliner [TBA]
Direct Support [TBA]
KIUAS (Fin)
ASSAILANT (Swe)
MINDWARP CHAMBER
BuzzNews.com Metal Wars Winner

Saturday, May 9:

DEVILDRIVER
SOIL
NOVEMBERS DOOM
PERZONAL WAR (Ger)
SHEEPHEAD (Ger)
LUNA MORTIS

MAJOR Friday headliner announcement will be made 3/30, along with their direct support and ticket info., including 2 & 3 day passes.

Also, as previously reported, CRJ Productions will continue with its official fan sponsorship/VIP program this year…intended to give fans a higher level of participation in the fest and a chance to take advantage of some cool perks.

For more information regarding Powerfest or the VIP program, please visit www.ChicagoPowerfest.com and www.myspace.com/chicagopowerfest

Good stuff. I just wondered if there was a lounge. I really need to kick back with a beer in my hand before and after the gig. Very important ;)

This is so cool. Will it be a truly unplugged thing like when Macabre plays at the public library, or simulated acoustics? Either way it should be fun! Capone's is perfect for something like this.

Pate & Veggie: I hope you guys can make it!

For this year's POWERFEST, festival organizer's CRJ Productions have made arrangements to have the adjacent lounge opened up to fest attendees as a special room for fans to kick back, hang out & check out some cool acoustic performances which will take place in between main stage acts.

This is a really good idea.

This is so cool. Will it be a truly unplugged thing like when Macabre plays at the public library, or simulated acoustics? Either way it should be fun! Capone's is perfect for something like this.

Pate & Veggie: I hope you guys can make it!

Acoustic guitars for sure. Bass will most likely be electric. Since we don't do this sort of thing too often, we don't own an acoustic bass guitar. (They usually sound pretty bad anyway)

Acoustic guitars for sure. Bass will most likely be electric. Since we don't do this sort of thing too often, we don't own an acoustic bass guitar. (They usually sound pretty bad anyway)

C'mon Chris! I know you got one...

Chris-bass.jpg