POWERFEST 2009: NOVEMBERS DOOM Acoustic Set Added!!

I suppose so, lol
when i read it in my head, Full set of acoustic material, I just thought of that as everything would be played acoustic... being that it is an acoustic set, saying that seems redundant and he probaly intended it the way you said :/

Well, I think our main focus is doing songs that we wouldn't normally play live, and alot of those songs we don't do because they are mostly mellow/acoustic songs, so we're gonna focus on those mainly. But we've taken heavy songs like "They Were Left To Die" and "For Every Leaf That Falls" and acoustic-ized them in the past too. And then there's songs like "Silent Tomorrow" which is kinda half mellow/half heavy..... So who knows? I think we've got an idea set for what we're gonna play, but you never know. And no we're not gonna tell you exactly what songs yet, sorry! hehe

Keep in mind that the downside to this is we only get around 25 minutes to do the acoustic set, which limits the number of tunes we can do. When we played the acoustic show in Antwerp in '07, we played for around an hour or so, so we're going to have to be very choosey about what we're gonna play at Powerfest. I'm pretty sure most people won't be disappointed.

Whoa, you covered PULL THE PLUG????????
I would love to hear that!

You have Rob Lowe beat. At least you didn't have your face buried in the lyric sheet for the whole song!

To his credit, Rob didn't use the lyrics sheet once when I saw them last year... I bet he just needed to get into the swing of things with Candlemass

Well, I know we discussed this at length last year after Candlemass' tour.

I know it's a lot to remember, though I still view it as this.

1) Rob is supposedly a huge C-Mass fan
2) This is the opportunity of a lifetime for a doom metal vocalist
3) The tour was scheduled a good 6 months in advance

I don't mean to beat a dead horse.
I know many vocalists use cheat sheets, monitors, lyric books, etc. I have never been a lead vocalist in a band, so it is easy for me to say I suppose.

I guess I think of guys like Ripper or Blaze who had every lyric memorized flawlessly when fronting classic bands.

That being said, Rob sounds GREAT fronting Candlemass. Loved KOTGI, and love what I have heard of the new one.