DEVILDRIVER and SOIL Confirmed for CHICAGO POWERFEST 2009

I honestly didn't know they had any drawing power left, because when they opened for Opeth, I saw about 20-30 people there for them, and everyone else was there for Opeth and MoonspellQUOTE]

Sorry brother but a guy that matches up Devil Driver and Opeth has a serious problem. I mean, Two different types of music.

Moonspell and Opeth is a good match tho. but I would never book DD with those two. a big mistake as far as Im concerned

Sorry, just had to say something......... ;)

I apologize profusely if some of you were offended by my comments concerning out-of-state travel for festival shows. No disrespect was intended towards the festivals, their promoters or fans.

The bottom line was that I have no current plans to leave the state for entertainment or socializing purposes. This has not changed subsequent to reactions posted here in response to my comments.

I hope all is crystal clear now.

Thank you (falettinme...)

Wow. The things that transpire on this forum during the day are astounding sometimes. I dunno if I am happy or pissed that I can't surf the net anymore at work, heh.

I honestly didn't know they had any drawing power left, because when they opened for Opeth, I saw about 20-30 people there for them, and everyone else was there for Opeth and Moonspell

Did we see the same tour? This is not what I experienced at all. Just saying.:)

Sorry brother but a guy that matches up Devil Driver and Opeth has a serious problem. I mean, Two different types of music.

Moonspell and Opeth is a good match tho. but I would never book DD with those two. a big mistake as far as Im concerned

Sorry, just had to say something......... ;)

The mixing of genres has been going on for a while. I've seen some strange bookings. Hell, look at Gigantour this year...Avenged Sevenfold? Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. I think the barriers are constantly being torn down and I personally think it's a good thing. :)

It doesn't matter if the guys in Manowar are ego inflated, or down to earth, there should still be a respect for privacy, and this crosses the line.

I agree that it's not funny (or even particularly interesting), but just about everything printed there was public information easily available on the web. If you aren't aware that that sort of information is generally available, I can see how it would seem like a privacy violation, but really it's just modern reality. You can find that sort of information for just about anyone; I found a picture of your house in less than 5 minutes. And once you realize that no one's property information is secret, then knowing such information is just "normal", like being able to know if someone has African or Indian or Japanese ancestors, which is a trick most people can do simply by simply looking at them.

I saw this a few days ago. I'm actually wondering how true it is. First off, if there was ever a band worth spoofing, it's Manowar. So I could completely see this being a joke.

Nah, it's for real. You can just go to the Cayuga County website (the county that contains Auburn, NY, which you can find in Joey DeMaio's Wikipedia entry) and punch in their names into their real estate database and all the info pops right up. Well, stuff about him living in his parents' basement may be made up, but it's true that he owns that house (he actually bought it from his parents in '06...you can even see documents that he signed, if you want to make a few bucks selling counterfeit Joey DeMaio autographs to drunk Germans).

I knew it was true when I read the part Karl Logan wearing a fanny pack. :D I know from hanging out with the Iced Earth guys that they're always wearing fanny packs when they're on tour, and the habit seems to bleed over into normal life. So that part just rang true to me!

Neil

I apologize profusely if some of you were offended by my comments concerning out-of-state travel for festival shows. No disrespect was intended towards the festivals, their promoters or fans.

LOL... um... did you read the rest of this thread? I think it's safe to say that your comments are among some of the LEAST offensive things said here. :lol:

You can find that sort of information for just about anyone; I found a picture of your house in less than 5 minutes.
I found a picture of yours in about the same amount of time:

RefrigeratorBox.jpg

No wonder you have so much extra money in your retirement fund!

I knew it was true when I read the part Karl Logan wearing a fanny pack. :D I know from hanging out with the Iced Earth guys that they're always wearing fanny packs when they're on tour, and the habit seems to bleed over into normal life. So that part just rang true to me!

I can't possibly describe how absolutely *METAL* this is!!!! If you're not into FANNY PACKS, then YOU ARE NOT MY FRIEND!!!!!! :worship:

The bottom line was that I have no current plans to leave the state for entertainment or socializing purposes. This has not changed subsequent to reactions posted here in response to my comments.

I hope all is crystal clear now.

Thank you (falettinme...)

No offense taken whatsoever. Just a little curious as to why.
I'm sure you have your reasons, which is cool.
But it is a lot of fun to have a little change of scenery a couple times a year.
Chicago is great and all, but it's nice to get away.

I did, and it rates high on the erk-o-meter imo.

What's that? Is it like a Geiger counter? (Gagger-counter? lol)

I am totally making you a fanny pack with Metal studs and a Manowar logo.
Then force you to wear it all around Powerfest...for the entire weekend.
Ha!

You're going to get me killed... the roundhouse-kicking mosh kids would never let me leave the venue alive wearing that! :lol:

The mixing of genres has been going on for a while. I've seen some strange bookings. Hell, look at Gigantour this year...Avenged Sevenfold? Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. I think the barriers are constantly being torn down and I personally think it's a good thing. :)

I agree with ya hon. What I mean is that the chances of people in just that concert I was refraining to might be there for the doom ballads and not full blown fury wich I think Devil Driver tries to work up. But of course, sometimes the booker might get a lucky shot in the dark. It all depends on the gig, festivals gets away with a mixxxed setup more then just pub gigs with 2 or 3 bands. :loco:

And as far as discussions about bands and such is what it has been like for so goddamned long. People never agree with eachother. :erk: :rolleyes: :kickass:

I agree that it's not funny (or even particularly interesting), but just about everything printed there was public information easily available on the web. If you aren't aware that that sort of information is generally available, I can see how it would seem like a privacy violation, but really it's just modern reality. You can find that sort of information for just about anyone; I found a picture of your house in less than 5 minutes. And once you realize that no one's property information is secret, then knowing such information is just "normal", like being able to know if someone has African or Indian or Japanese ancestors, which is a trick most people can do simply by simply looking at them.

I don't dispute the information is easy to find if your looking for it, but that web site has collected all that information, and put it all on one web page, with the intent to mock, humiliate, and just poke fun at people, because they live like NORMAL people, and not rock stars like some assume they live. Even if they make people BELIEVE they are bigger then they are, it's all part of the "show". Same way that Tom Araya is Mr. Satan on stage, and then takes his family to a Christian church every Sunday. People (meaning clueless "fans") have to realize there's a difference between the PERFORMING musicians, and the REAL LIFE musicians. Not everyone can be as successful as Metallica. The site is bull shit, and unnecessary in every way. Entertainment value through personal (Or if the argument is that it's not personal because of how easy information is to find) is just WRONG.

Leave Manowar Alone! :lol:
chris_crocker_leave_britney_alone.jpg