DEVILDRIVER and SOIL Confirmed for CHICAGO POWERFEST 2009

GateXII

Soul Collector
Jun 26, 2001
Chicago, IL
www.twelfthgate.net
CRJ Productions would like to welcome DEVILDRIVER and SOIL as part of the next CHICAGO POWERFEST, set to take place on May 7-9 at The Pearl Room in Mokena, Illinois. This will be both bands' first show in the Chicago area in over a year & also since finishing the recording of their new albums...both of which are scheduled for release in early summer.

Festival organizers also commented, "In keeping with the Powerfest tradition of spanning a wide variety of hard rock and metal genres, DEVILDRIVER and SOIL will contribute perfectly. This is what we feel a metal fest should be & plan to continue in this multi-dimensional direction with the goal of being bigger and better each year."

Current Powerfest Lineup...

Thursday, May 7 (kick-off show with Paganfest tour):

KORPIKLAANI
ELUVEITIE
PRIMORDIAL
MOONSORROW
BLACKGUARD
SWASHBUCKLE

Friday, May 8:

DEVILDRIVER
SOIL
NOVEMBERS DOOM
ASSAILANT (Swe)
MINDWARP CHAMBER
BuzzNews.com Metal Wars Winner

Saturday, May 9:

TBA
TBA
KIUAS (Fin)
PERZONAL WAR (Ger)
SHEEPHEAD
TBA

The remaining bands, which include the Saturday night headliner and direct support, will be announced shortly. Ticket information will also be made available very soon!!!

Once again, tickets will be available for individual days as well as 2-day & 3-day ticket combos. CRJ Productions will also continue with its official fan sponsorship/VIP program this year…intended to give fans a higher level of participation in the fest and a chance to take advantage of some cool perks.

For more information regarding Powerfest or the VIP program, please visit www.ChicagoPowerfest.com and www.myspace.com/chicagopowerfest

DOH! Whammy!

I cant stand Devildriver, but Soil used to be a good time since I really like Ryan's vocals. Dont have any idea who is singing for them now.

EDIT: I know Rob doesnt like the negative stuff so I will add this....Devildriver will certainly bring in the people and it will help the opening bands get exposure and the same Soil possibly bringing in a different crowd. Though there could an A Life Once Lost effect

I saw their names, then saw that Novembers Doom is opening for them, then chuckled my fuzzy little face off. I'm a fan of Soil's Scars album, to tell you the truth. Do they have the same singer?

DOH! Whammy!

I cant stand Devildriver, but Soil used to be a good time since I really like Ryan's vocals. Dont have any idea who is singing for them now.

This Whammy?
whammy.jpg

I saw their names, then saw that Novembers Doom is opening for them, then chuckled my fuzzy little face off. I'm a fan of Soil's Scars album, to tell you the truth. Do they have the same singer?

They do not they now have Aj Cavalier.

I am listening to their myspace now and I have to say that I dont find him to be that good. Sounds like he lacks the balls that Ryan had.

Why chuckle at a band who has sold more with their "Scars" release then all the Novembers Doom releases combined? We're right where we should be in that lineup. Soil may not be a band a lot of death metal guys will like, but there's no doubt, they draw big in their home town of Chicago.

I don't dislike the last Devildriver album, but have never cared much for Soil. That said, I don't doubt the local drawing power for the combination of the two Friday headliners, especially given this forum is more or less a microcosm of the attending population. Still curious to hear who will be closing out the fest.