POWERFEST 2009: Lineup Shift & Ticket Sale Date Announced

I've got a legit excuse I think. Take as much Vicodin as I do, daily for the past 10 years, and see if your memory / brain works the same way as it used to. :lol:

I have a "cheat sheet" I use. All I need from time to time, is to glance to see where I'm at. Once I see the first word, I'm usually good for the rest of the verse, so I'm not standing there "reading" from the sheet.
OK... I'll accept that. :loco:

Having seen you perform twice, I've never even noticed. And I didn't notice it on the DVD either.

Zod

OK... I'll accept that. :loco:

Having seen you perform twice, I've never even noticed. And I didn't notice it on the DVD either.

Zod

It's literally on my set list like this for example...

THE PALE HAUNT DEPARTURE
Born upon... We crawl... Speak my name... For this creed...

And it's more of a safety net, where if I draw a blank, I can recover quickly. I tell you what REALLY throws me off, is when I see the crowd singing along to the words. We're to a point where this happens everywhere we play now, and I look out at all the people who KNOW the words, and in my mind, I start to panic thinking "Oh shit, if I fuck up these guys are going to know it." And THAT causes me to lose my thought. :lol:

Couple that with my memory issues due to pain killers... It's so fucking stupid when I think about it. :lol:

We played a show in the Netherlands, where I put my list on my monitor, turned around to get a drink, and when I turned back around, it was gone. The kid stole it from me in the front row. I made him put it back, and gave it to him after the set. "He man, I fucking need that, or you're going to get a shitty show!" haha

It's literally on my set list like this for example...

THE PALE HAUNT DEPARTURE
Born upon... We crawl... Speak my name... For this creed...
Interesting. Thanks for sharing that.

And it's more of a safety net, where if I draw a blank, I can recover quickly. I tell you what REALLY throws me off, is when I see the crowd singing along to the words. We're to a point where this happens everywhere we play now, and I look out at all the people who KNOW the words, and in my mind, I start to panic thinking "Oh shit, if I fuck up these guys are going to know it." And THAT causes me to lose my thought. :lol:
It's the coolest feeling on the planet to see/hear people singing lyrics you wrote.

Zod

I didn't realise the other Penance guys had a new band. Interesting.

Mary hasn't jammed with us in so long, and we don't hardly do any songs from her era anymore. I wouldn't be against her joining us onstage sometime for a special event, that could be very cool. If she even wanted to do it! haha

Maybe someday, since Steve is playing with Paul again in These Are They, we'll do a special thing and have him play and old "Amid It's Hallowed Mirth" song or two! We haven't played any of those songs in many, many years. Of course it's not quite the same without CJ, though.

This is why metal musicians all need long hair - so that you can't tell where they're looking when their hair is covering their faces! It's like pro wrestlers using long hair to hide giving directions to each other during lockups and blading when down on the mat. When guitarists with long hair do that synchronized head banging thing, I'll bet it's so they can all be checking their music sheets! :)

Ken

I used to love trying to make the musicians laugh during their performances, especially the ones who want to be taken very seriously

SOme of us may think it's cool? You're covering Rhapsody (of fire?) WITH CHRISTOPHER LEE IN TOW?!?!?!?

For those who don't know yet, Friday's headliner is Black Label Society, directly supported by DOPE.

Though anyone who doesn't fail at the interwebs probably knew that already........ :)

Well, I will be specific then Mr Smartyass PantS! :)

It has been on the Pearl Room My Space, the Chicago Powerfest Wikipedia, and the BLS official site for a few weeks.

Also, everyone I talked to from timbuk 2 and beyond seem to know this already.