Linking samples (ie snare top, bottom and room)

John_C

formerly Skeksis268
Dec 30, 2008
Coventry, UK
www.myspace.com
I'm using one of lasse's snares for a project and it consists of 3 sets of samples, top, bottom and a km184 at a distance.

Is there any way of linking up sample replacers in order to have only the corresponding samples play at the same time instead of having for example the bottom of one hit being played at the same time as the top from another one

I know i could blend samples before triggering, but i have a lot of seperate processing going on which would sound a little weird if it was printed to the samples

What program are you using? I'm pretty sure apTrigga can be set up to cycle through the samples, so if you had 5 of each and loaded them in the same order, it would play the 1st, then 2nd, then 3rd, etc. then repeat. It might sound like that would sound monotonous but seriously it still sounds totally realistic, that's how the Slate player handles the files, just plays them in sequence and it sounds fantastic.

Just make 3 aux tracks with aptrigga on them, and send the master snare track to those 3 tracks.

Oh yeah, you have to set aptrigga to 'sequence' mode, so you can controll the matching of the samples

Sequence mode sounds like the way to go. I don't think drumagog can do that though....

EDIT: setting each sample to a different position then automating the position control allows me some sort of random triggering (if i automate the position to change every say 2/3 of the shortest distance between beats), but ofc the automation can be copied to other tracks as well, meaning i get random(ish) AND linked

thanks for the advice guys

Yeah it doesn't look like Drumagog supports that :/ Bummer. I'm sure just using the 3 samples and having them not match them up exactly probably still sounds good? Maybe you can get away with it as is, the whole sample matching thing is probably more theoretical nitpicking than it is a practical problem.