Lion's Share - Emotional Coma

Cheiron

Jan 11, 2006
This album received very little talk everywhere. I don't get why. I realize that its not nearly as progressive as their earlier work, and the lineup is completely different, but this is great heavy metal. The lead vocals are handled by one of my favorite metal singers, Nils Patrik Johansson (Astral Doors, Wuthering Heights). He is awesome on this album as well. In fact, he might just sound better than he ever has on this, as difficult as that can be.

They have another album coming out tomorrow (http://www.youtube.com/darkhours2009).

http://www.myspace.com/lionsshare

Interesting that you post this, because I was wondering this myself the other day when I was checking out their MySpace. I was going to post something along the same lines, like "why doesn't anybody mention Lion's Share?" Because of Nils, it doesn't sound all that much different from Astral Doors. Maybe their earlier stuff is more progressive as you say...

It's a good disc, but that Arsonist tune makes me a bit uneasy.

I've heard the new one .... I like it a bit better than Emotional Coma, and it's on the "buy" list already. It's one of the better discs I've heard this year.

Nils is an excellent singer .. one of my favorites.

Britt

This album received very little talk everywhere. I don't get why. I realize that its not nearly as progressive as their earlier work, and the lineup is completely different, but this is great heavy metal. The lead vocals are handled by one of my favorite metal singers, Nils Patrik Johansson (Astral Doors, Wuthering Heights). He is awesome on this album as well. In fact, he might just sound better than he ever has on this, as difficult as that can be.

Here Here, also one of my favorite vocalists. Right up there with Mr. Hansen.

I'm with The Metal Madman on this one. They USED to be one of my favorite bands when Anders was at the helm. Nils' vocals annoy me and every song sounds the same when he is the singer no matter what band he is in. I liked him on the first Astral Doors disc but after that he lost me.

I'm with The Metal Madman on this one. They USED to be one of my favorite bands when Anders was at the helm. Nils' vocals annoy me and every song sounds the same when he is the singer no matter what band he is in. I liked him on the first Astral Doors disc but after that he lost me.

Huh? To me Nils Patrik is one of the most versatile singers in metal/hard rock. His voice in Wuthering Heights sounds very different from his voice on the Astral Doors albums. Oh well ...

Huh? To me Nils Patrik is one of the most versatile singers in metal/hard rock. His voice in Wuthering Heights sounds very different from his voice on the Astral Doors albums. Oh well ...

Totally agree with you on this one. Although you can certainly hear it's Patrik who's singing, the variations between AD and WH are more than noticeable. Patrik has a very distinct and "soulful" voice. Very refreshing in an era where a lot of (not all) singers sound the more or less the same.

I like a voice you can recognize right away, and that's Patrik...

In my case its because the singer on these last 2 albums sucks.

Not good enough mate....look at the response i got when i said something similar a year or two ago about Nils :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taliwakker
I hate the vocals

Reply:
Most of us on the forum don't expect everyone to like everything, but if you are going to say you don't like something, at least have the courtesy to say why. That way, others with similar musical tastes as you will know what to expect from the album/band/etc. I understand that some people on here don't care that much, but it's hard to take someone's opinion seriously when they don't give anything viable to back it up with. [No disrespect intended, just being honest.]