Lisko missing

"12.02.2008 - LISKO MISSING, STEP IN ACCORDION PLAYER FOR SPRING TOURS

We hereby announce, that we have been forced to hire a step-in accordion player to replace Lisko on all announced upcoming tourdates. We have an important show this Friday at Finnish Metal Expo (FIN) and two lengthy tours in UK/Europe and USA just around the corner - but no accordion player.

The thing is, we played a cool show in Groningen, Netherlands on 11th January and everything was cool. Then the next day, before the flight, some of us decided to check out Amsterdam really quickly, by train. Lisko had behaved in a bit hazy way during the trip, but it was nothing that weird (considering he is Lisko); however, he never showed up back at the airport. We got an interesting phone call, where he told that due to "special" reasons he wouldn't fly in the same plane with us. This alone was pissing us off a bit, but we decided he could do it on his own expense. However, after returning to Finland, despite our attempts, there has been practically no communication with the guy, apart from a couple of interesting SMS's (so apparently he's alive): no rehearsals, nothing. We don't even know if he's back in Finland at the moment.

This puts us in a difficult situation: with a lot of pre-arrangements like flights and visas to be done, and with all our upcoming responsibilities we have no other option than to release Lisko from his duties for an undetermined time period, starting from today. Luckily for us, we already managed to get a replacement for him on such a short warning time: the step-in accordionist for Spring 2008 will be Netta Skog, who also helped us out with the latest European tour in October-November. No permanent accordion player will be added to the current line-up at this point. TURISAS also wants to point out that NO shows will be affected by the small change in the line-up. "

------------------------------------

Right, well, I was a bit of shocked when this news reached me today. Especially because of the fact this crazy thing happened in my very own hometown. It may be possible Lisko got himself a nice smoke in one of our sweet coffeeshops, which may made him forget about time. But now, 2 days later, it indeed gets a kind of strange.
I wish the best to Turisas to get replacement on time,
and I guess I will speak in the voices of all the folks who pretty enjoy Turisas, when I say we will be happy when Lisko turns back again.

Won't miss him in the Nijmegen gig March 16!

Cheers,

(aye, aren't you from grimhorde)

anyway.. yeah I read it today

a friend and me are going to find him, kick his stupid ass!! and brainwash him into Turisas again :p

Amsterdam just totally sucks!

He finally became 100% viking and has made himself a long ship and sails the seas pillaging the coast to awesome accordian music now?

Awesomeness.

sad... but hey, don't forget maybe there are reasons nobody of us knows but we would understand, a girl he met there for an example ... ok, not an excuse at all...

let's just hope he'll be back and ... -.-##

...bla. damn. damn!!

Um, I'm sure something quite similar happened before Christmas? It's not just me randomly thinking that? I'd have to do a proper search to find the details.
I hope everything works out as I can't wait to see you guys back in London. You all must have had the patience of saints especially as being so busy you kinda need someone reliable in the band.

sad... but hey, don't forget maybe there are reasons nobody of us knows but we would understand, a girl he met there for an example ... ok, not an excuse at all...

let's just hope he'll be back and ... -.-##

...bla. damn. damn!!
well i guess you just cannot take anyone that unreliable like him to a professional band. if you read some studio diary entries or other posts you will understand. besides flight bookings and stuff, its a huge drama to get a visa to play/perform in the US and takes almost 2 months and costs you some hundred bucks to hurry up the whole process. so i hope they at least dont have a big additional financial loss to cover this exchange now.

however, honestly i was surprised that they didnt kick him out right away from the iced earth-tour, but i was veeeery pleased to see netta replacing him on the tour, she did an awesome job in learning all the songs in such a short time! sure lisko was a freaky, great performer, awesomly fast accordionist but now they have a cute nice girl instead, nobody should wine about this i would say :-D

Wow, these are quite strange news o_O
But he must had his reasons to do that.

I haven't heard Netta yet, does someone have a link to a youtube video where she plays?

if you read some studio diary entries or other posts you will understand.

well... i did, i remember some strange posts about him, even that "there he sat and read kafka,..."-post did enough... everything i tried to say (especially with that "bla"-part :)) was that he for sure had some reasons...

...that should not have been a kind of estimation or an apology for him... even if i wish i would know why. :ill:

btw: hell, any pics of that new member ? o.Ô

:OMG: no! NOT FAIR! he can't go missing! but i made this poster:

liskoonkadonnut.jpg