Lisko of Turisas missing.

genocide roach

DOOOOOOOOOOM
Aug 18, 2002
We hereby announce that we have been forced to hire a step-in accordion player to replace Lisko on all announced upcoming tourdates. We have an important show this Friday at Finnish Metal Expo (FIN) and two lengthy tours in UK/Europe and USA just around the corner - but no accordion player.

The thing is, we played a cool show in Groningen, Netherlands on 11th January and everything was cool. Then the next day, before the flight, some of us decided to check out Amsterdam really quickly, by train. Lisko had behaved in a bit hazy way during the trip, but it was nothing that weird (considering he is Lisko); however, he never showed up back at the airport. We got an interesting phone call, where he told that due to "special" reasons he wouldn't fly in the same plane with us. This alone was pissing us off a bit, but we decided he could do it on his own expense. However, after returning to Finland, despite our attempts, there has been practically no communication with the guy, apart from a couple of interesting SMS's (so apparently he's alive): no rehearsals, nothing. We don't even know if he's back in Finland at the moment.

This puts us in a difficult situation: with a lot of pre-arrangements like flights and visas to be done, and with all our upcoming responsibilities we have no other option than to release Lisko from his duties for an undetermined time period, starting from today. Luckily for us, we already managed to get a replacement for him on such a short warning time: the step-in accordionist for Spring 2008 will be Netta Skog, who also helped us out with the latest European tour in October-November. No permanent accordion player will be added to the current line-up at this point. TURISAS also wants to point out that NO shows will be affected by the small change in the line-up.

glad to see the US tour wont be affected. i cant wait to see em
~gR~

:lol:
Pretty amusing. Turisas are kind of ridiculous...
is the second album any better than the first?

album on the year IMO, but im a bit of a fan.

and yeah, turisas are kinda goofy, but they know it too. shit, at one of the open air fests, they did a sauna scene on stage. coming out in towels and beat eachother with branches
[ame]http://youtube.com/watch?v=54OJdMVjIA4[/ame]
~gR~

I really enjoyed 'The Varangian Way', and yeah they are clearly a bit on the odd side but I think that really add something to 'em. Am glad they are still going on with the tour, planning on seeing them in London which should be a great show!

:lol:
Pretty amusing. Turisas are kind of ridiculous...
is the second album any better than the first?

The overall composition, production, and delivery of the second album is better than the first one; but if you didn't like Battle Metal, I'm not sure you'll like The Varangian Way. I know they're over the top, but the songwriting on Varangian Way really is superb. The song "Five Hudnred and One" is a great way to sum up the whole album. Really aggressive, violent verses followed by slightly mellow chorus, and one hell of an awesome climax.