Listen to all tracks from the upcoming MYRATH 'Desert Call!

Lance, Argo already stole all your juice promoting this release with three separate threads back to September.

Imma give this a listen now though. That guy is fucked up.

I've heard the name mentioned a few times and am always looking for new stuff...I'm about to go out for a little while, but will definitely give these guys a listen when I get home!

Just ran through all the samples, and I'm digging this... sounds like you have a winner on your hands, Lance!

Listened to the first half or so on the way in to work today, and I am REALLY digging this album. "Hope" definitely had the SymX worship going on, but on this release they have toned that way back and developed more of their own identity. The middle Eastern influences seem much more prevalent, and much more critical to the music, as well, which is a definite plus! New singer is very good, but he strikes me as being just a little "weak" for the music, perhaps. I'm thinking that live the music is really going to overpower him.

Ironically, as I was listening, I kept thinking that it reminded me somehow of Adagio. Lo and behold, when I get to work and read the liner notes, turns out that both Kevin Codfert and Stephan Forte were involved with the production.... Nice!

Listened to the first half or so on the way in to work today, and I am REALLY digging this album. "Hope" definitely had the SymX worship going on, but on this release they have toned that way back and developed more of their own identity. The middle Eastern influences seem much more prevalent, and much more critical to the music, as well, which is a definite plus! New singer is very good, but he strikes me as being just a little "weak" for the music, perhaps. I'm thinking that live the music is really going to overpower him.

Ironically, as I was listening, I kept thinking that it reminded me somehow of Adagio. Lo and behold, when I get to work and read the liner notes, turns out that both Kevin Codfert and Stephan Forte were involved with the production.... Nice!

In My opinion I think Zaher's vocals match up perfectly with Elyes backing and sometimes lead vocals, especially on "Madness". Then you get to the lastwo tracks and WOW, your right they have now gone off into their own direction, musically, but there is still some of the SYMX worship there. I have been spinning this at least twice a day either in the car or iPod, i can't get enough of it.

The real standout on the Album is the guitar playing of Malek, supported by the drumming of Saif, and Anis's tremendous bass lines.

I've had my copy for a few days now. I agree with what some of you said, it looks like the SX worship is gone. They do remind me of an Adagio with a lot of Middle Eastern influences in the sound. Very strong disc, just what I expected from Myrath.

Too much middle eastern influence in the vocals for my liking....that uhuhuhuhuhuhh thing at the end of what seems like every second vocal line started to annoy me after a while :lol:

Too much middle eastern influence in the vocals for my liking....that uhuhuhuhuhuhh thing at the end of what seems like every second vocal line started to annoy me after a while :lol:

Oh well, to each his own, i respect your opinion, and thank you for at least listening to the album or at least the samples. If it was the samples then you don't know what you are missing with the full Album.