Listening parties?

BurningSky

rxbandits.com
Jan 13, 2004
www.myspace.com
Does anyone ever have listening parties with friends who like the same band? My friends and I had one for Ghost Reveries and it was a much cooler experience than just listening on my own. I'm definitely gonna have one for Watershed, and now that i have the surround sound set up, that CD can't come out any sooner.

Not exactly with friends who like the same band.

Me and my friends had a party at my parent's beach house last summer (two months ago), i created a list of songs consisting mostly of typical rock/heavy metal stuff like Priest, Skid Row, Kiss, Mercyful Fate, Alice in Chains, Megadeth, Jerry Cantrell, Melvins, Solitude Aeturnus, Zeppelin, Hendrix, Ted Nugent, The Beatles, Floyd, Queen, King's X, etc.

Big amounts of cheap beer and retardation. It ruled.

Yeah, it doesnt have to just be for a record release. In fact, sometimes when i hang out with certain friends we take turns picking songs from my buddy's hard drive. We all have very similar taste in music, so it's a really good time just hanging out selecting songs.

^I'm loyal to my soon-to-be wife, so i don't even think about that

Funny fact is that when it comes down to parties with buddies, sometimes i will even throw in some Maroon 5, just for the lolz and drunkard fun. I don't necessarily pick über quality songs or anything...i try to do my best and organize a playlist that will please almost everyone.

I was going to have a listening party for Meshuggahs Obzen, but the release obviously got pushed back a week. So the new release day didn't go so well with my friends as they had something else to do. And what did I do that day? I put it on my surround system, and then... I fucking fall asleep after half the album. Great job mr. :erk:

I see my bandmate pretty much every weekend for a smoking session, and whenever we have a new album, we will sit down together and listen to it when smoking up. I generally hear albums for the first time sober though.. It's usually after we've listened to them on our own that we get together to listen to them. We also do this for films, although i generally only see the films with him first rather than just on my own.

I don't remember the last time I heard an entire album with friends, unless it was in the car and I was driving.

never been to a listening party but now that you mention I'm considering arranging one with some of my more open-minded friends... most of them are complete retards when it comes to music, but there's a few with brains.

listening parties are cool... we did so several times ago and always conscider a new album automatically fur a special event that needs to be celebrated. Having a smoke and than prepare to listen to something new makes you very open minded and if you have a nice surround setup it´s just perfect... Last time we listened to obZen we even enjoyed it 3 times in a row, cause it rocked so hard...:loco:

one time me and my friend tripped on mushrooms and we listened to the same 2 phish songs over and over for like 4 hours

i don't think that's what you're talking about though

I don't really have any friends that like the same music as me... I guess I could have a listening party with my man but that would just turn into a fucking party and we wouldn't really be listening to the music. <3 Ghost Reveries still though