little theory on money

The God of Hellfire

thrashmaster 9000 pro
Oct 31, 2004
the woods
anthrax was not bigger in the 80's because of belladonna they were bigger in the 80's because thrash was in its hayday and anthrax was one of the big four in that genre. this made them cutting edge. throw in a little defying the government censorship push, and a little hip hop collaboration and the beginnings of this new style of music that a lot of bands picked up on (and most of them sucked at it) and we see that maybe anthrax was big despite belladonna. fast forward sevaral years, thrash metal fades out of the quasi mainstream, anthrax gets screwed by a couple of labels and they find themselves having to start all over again and this time thrash is back deep in the underground again until recently. so they were stuggling but I think they were making a pretty decent push to getting back to where they were in terms of success. so while they may make a little more money in europe I think they realized that the uproar that would follow this would not be worth the money(if the thought even crossed their minds). That's why this decision can't be money based. and maybe someday they'll tell us the whole story behind it. So if you want to be mad then good but these guys are not doing this because they're greedy. they've had too many chances to sell out already. and now i'm done.