Live After Death DVD

Best Buy where I live had about a dozen copies.

Adrian's guitar is WAY low compared to Dave's. Or it may be that Dave's sound just cuts through better. At any rate, it's very noticeable...

While this is a classic live concert, the audio was always horrible on the double LP, too bad they're didn't fix it for the DVD. I saw IM every tour in the 80's and this really isn't one of their better shows, but a must have nevertheless. A true disservice to Adrian, agreed.

the only reason i want to buy this is for the History Part 2
i have every other live maiden DVD and... if the camera work is anything like Rio and Death on the Road.. I will shit and cry... fuck

the only reason i want to buy this is for the History Part 2
i have every other live maiden DVD and... if the camera work is anything like Rio and Death on the Road.. I will shit and cry... fuck
No, no, no-- it's nothing like that-- much longer, coherent sequences-- it's the pinnacle of live Maiden vids...there are no seizure-inducing edits.

For those of you who are still finding Adrian's guitar too far back in the mix, try tweaking your settings some more. Then try using the right audio setup for your speaker setup.

It sounds just fine in the 5.1 Surround with a six speaker setup, but if you try 5.1 Surround through only two speakers, it does sound lost. If you only have 2 speakers, use the PCM Stereo setting in the audio setup screen. It sounds much better. Anyways...that's what I found by experimenting a little.

Of course, you have to remember this was filmed in 1985. I think they did a pretty good job of fixing the poor sound on the VHS for this DVD release.

:Smokin:

While this is a classic live concert, the audio was always horrible on the double LP, too bad they're didn't fix it for the DVD. I saw IM every tour in the 80's and this really isn't one of their better shows, but a must have nevertheless. A true disservice to Adrian, agreed.
I used to love watching this in the 80s. I had not seen it for years, so I kind of forgot how badly Adrian was buried. :(

For those of you who are still finding Adrian's guitar too far back in the mix, try tweaking your settings some more. Then try using the right audio setup for your speaker setup.

It sounds just fine in the 5.1 Surround with a six speaker setup, but if you try 5.1 Surround through only two speakers, it does sound lost. If you only have 2 speakers, use the PCM Stereo setting in the audio setup screen. It sounds much better. Anyways...that's what I found by experimenting a little.

Of course, you have to remember this was filmed in 1985. I think they did a pretty good job of fixing the poor sound on the VHS for this DVD release.

:Smokin:
I have a 5 speaker 5.1 surround sound set up (typical left, center, right front and left and rear back).

I wish they had put the whole show on there. The LPs/tapes had extra songs - "22 Acacia Avenue", "The Prisoner" (my favorite!), etc.

No, no, no-- it's nothing like that-- much longer, coherent sequences-- it's the pinnacle of live Maiden vids...there are no seizure-inducing edits.

Exactly. This dvd is fucking incredible. All the extras are awesome, even though some of the performances on the bonuses aren't the best, they're still fucking awesome to watch. And i had to go to 4 separate locations before finding it in stock.

I can't wait to get it, but removing songs is bullshit! The Prisoner and 22 Acacia Avenue were on the original and should be included here, also. That makes no sense to me because in essence, it's truly not the real Live After Death original show from 1985.

I can't wait to get it, but removing songs is bullshit! The Prisoner and 22 Acacia Avenue were on the original and should be included here, also. That makes no sense to me because in essence, it's truly not the real Live After Death original show from 1985.

They weren't ever on the VHS-- they (well, not "The Prisoner") were on the cassette which had some Hammersmith show songs following the Long Beach concert:
Wrathchild
22, Acacia Ave.
Children of the Damned
Die With Your Boots On
Phantom of the Opera

According to the tracklisting on Amazon UK there is no Wrathchild, Phantom of the Opera, Children of the Damned, or Die With Your Boots On, either. This is comparing the DVD tracklisting to the CD. Shit, that's a lot of tunes. The Prisoner isn't listed on the CD tracklisting.

According to the tracklisting on Amazon UK there is no Wrathchild, Phantom of the Opera, Children of the Damned, or Die With Your Boots On, either. This is comparing the DVD tracklisting to the CD. Shit, that's a lot of tunes. The Prisoner isn't listed on the CD tracklisting.
Right, what I'm saying is the original 1985 VHS is the same as the 2008 DVD-- Die With Your Boots On, etc. were never on the video.

The cassette/vinyl from back then had bonus songs, live at the Hammersmith Odeon-- the above songs I mentioned. The Prisoner was never on any format that I know of.

They weren't ever on the VHS-- they (well, not "The Prisoner") were on the cassette which had some Hammersmith show songs following the Long Beach concert:
Wrathchild
22, Acacia Ave.
Children of the Damned
Die With Your Boots On
Phantom of the Opera
My mistake. It's been forever since I saw the VHS of that show. Over 20 years. I loved the audio cassette version because of the Hammersmith Odeon show songs that were included. I really wish it was the whole thing because this is my favorite live album by leaps and bounds. I thought the whole thing would be reproduced to DVD. I wish I wasn't mistaken.

The cassette/vinyl from back then had bonus songs, live at the Hammersmith Odeon-- the above songs I mentioned. The Prisoner was never on any format that I know of.

I never thought of these tracks as “bonus tracks”, since the release was a Double LP. When I replaced my vinyl copy with a CD, I was really aggravated to discover an entire “Side” was missing! When you re-purchase an album on CD, you might expect to get some bonus material, but you definitely don’t expect to have tracks *removed*. :mad: