Live bootlegs?

uvaldo

Premium Member
May 2, 2002
Pasadena, TX
Visit site
I'm really curious as to what Mikael sounds like live, and since I figure it'll probably be awhile before I get to actually see him perform, I thought I'd download some Opeth bootlegs. Anyone have any suggestions on where to find some? Thanks.

there is a site called

bootlegmania.8m.com

that had a few songs on there from the American tour with Nevermore. Currently, the webmaster is in need of someone to host those files. You can probably find them on WinMX of KaZaa.

I have a copy of the live show that they played in Chile last year at the end of the tour. Mikael lost his voice and couldn't sing, so Peter subbed for him. It is pretty hysterical, because Peter has to hunch down really low to reach the microphone, and you can tell that he doesn't know all of the words to the songs because he just hums the melody lines on a few parts. They all look a little embarrassed about the whole situation, but it is something that every Opeth fan should see at least once.

Ah, was that when Mikael was sick? I heard that was a great concert...all the Chilleans were supposedly singing along?

;) (Chillieans??) :D.

Where can i get a copy of this?

I have Culture Room, pretty mad.

Originally posted by MetalSlime
I have a copy of the live show that they played in Chile last year at the end of the tour. Mikael lost his voice and couldn't sing, so Peter subbed for him. It is pretty hysterical, because Peter has to hunch down really low to reach the microphone, and you can tell that he doesn't know all of the words to the songs because he just hums the melody lines on a few parts. They all look a little embarrassed about the whole situation, but it is something that every Opeth fan should see at least once.

The problem is that they never played in Chile :(
hmmm if I do remember well, Mikael lost his voice just before a gig in Hamburg at the end of the European tour ... they played an instrumental set except for Credence. Forest of October and Advent, sung respectively by Joans & Blackheim (Katatonia) and the guy from November
what are you talking about ?? :rolleyes:

I have a bootleg called Welcome To The Drapery Falls Cafe. It is from Chicago recorded 4/26/01. It's actually from the show after I saw them on that tour here in Minnesota. It's ok, not the best sounding bootleg but not the worst either. They played Advent,Credence,Demon Of The Fall,White Cluster,The Drapery Falls and I think Forest Of October. It's funny hearing all of those fuckers yell for Black Rose Immortal. I wish I had a bootleg of the show I was at though, I'd probably hear myself calling them O-Pimps and then Mikael saying it and chuckling!

I'd really like to see that

Originally posted by Staffan
I want one too! :mad: I wasn't able to see the show myself :mad:

Actually i was there, but for some reason i can't remember anything at all.

Man I really want to say that...
Is there any way you can send it to me? (AIM, ICQ, MIRC?)

The trade doesn't have to be for other Opeth stuff. If I have time I am more than willing to copy the stuff I have for people. All I ask is that you send me blank CDs to copy them onto and cover my postage costs (what's known in the 'trade' as B&P).