Live Damage reviews

im from the states and i have it and its fuckin awesome. i really dislike how about halfway through the dvd the dubbing gets noticible and how the picture gets a little screwy when the flashers come on. but overall its an amazing dvd, easily my favorite.

i got it from a DT board member, but what I did notice is why the crowd is so small and not really moving. theyre in a studio and they were probably warned not to start moshing due to the expensive equipment such as the camera crane that you can see panning back in a few shots

Zero888: I kind of thought about the same, but I still wonder if that really could be the reason...

Scourge of Malice: The kind lady that she is, Gtranquillity has offered to send the Live Damage to at least some of those unable to buy it themselves. I suggest asking her nicely here on the forum and she just might help you. But don't take it granted that she will immediately send you a dozen DT DVDs - she's already done much more than one could expect to many a people here. Or to me at least (and I just recalled I own her an email-reply for nearly a month already...)

-Villain

EDIT: Duh, she was four (4!) minutes faster than me in her reply - I'm even slower than usual today... :erk:

rahvin said:
that iron maiden have released a gazillion live albums between records, not to mention shitty compilations with the same tracks barely remastered over and over, just so they had more time to complete new songs and still be very present on the market. since this is the behaviour you criticized, it seemed safe to assume you wouldn't approve of the maidens. at least that's what i got.
I thought he meant that if he had heart Maiden's "Live After Death" (LEGENDARY BETTER THAN THE STUDIO ALBUMS BEST LIVE ALBUM EVAR!!!1 etc) he wouldn't've (look, double apostrophes!) said what he said.

I like your review, Villain. I STILL need to get a fuxxing DVD player... Sigh. I can't even claim I own all DT releases anymore :cry: :cry: :cry:

@gtranquillity: i was gonna post your name but i wasnt sure if you wanted another flush of pm's asking about getting it :)

@villian: im pretty sure it is, i can see it now, a mosh starts and some poor kid gets knocked into the crane outfitting and it falls and everyone dies from a fire

So I finally got Live Damage. Great disc, great design, neat features. But I have one problem: sound. I played the DVD on my DVD-Rom using PowerDVD 4 Deluxe. The volume of the sound during the concert fades extremely...it gets brighter and duller, and louder and more silent all the time. As if it had some sort of limiter. And no, I have no such feature activated or installed in PowerDVD (and I'm watching all my other DVDs without a sound problem). The other features on the DVD seem alright, it's just the main concert. I have the Treason Wall teaser video clip from the homepage, and it doesn't have the fading sound. So I don't know what is happening, really. Has anyone else noticed something similar? It does mar the overall experience...:( I have yet to try the DVD on a stand-alone DVD player.

I just got the DVd tonight, and I have a few questions about it:

First of all, not a question, but the Enslaved DVD was filmed in the exact same place, a few days after Dark Tranquillity played. Anyone notice that?

Number 2, what's the keyboard intro? I know the one played during the "biography" scenes is the "wonders at your feet" intro, but what about the title screen?

I didn't get a chance to test this out since I don't have one, but will the DVD work in a PS2?

Just wanted to say that I've had mine for a month or so and it rules. Brings back some good memories of when I saw them in Seattle. Great music, classy band, can't ask for much more.

Dmanx Pit said:
I just got the DVd tonight, and I have a few questions about it:

First of all, not a question, but the Enslaved DVD was filmed in the exact same place, a few days after Dark Tranquillity played. Anyone notice that?

Number 2, what's the keyboard intro? I know the one played during the "biography" scenes is the "wonders at your feet" intro, but what about the title screen?

I didn't get a chance to test this out since I don't have one, but will the DVD work in a PS2?
yes it works just fine in a ps2

woohoo! :hotjump: \m/ :worship:

it's flawless and ofcourse worth every krona.. and who cares about the crowd anyway? it's a fuckin studio so what can you expect. the sound and performance is excellent IMO.. :) (but why is it in ntsc format even in europe?)

now i need to go out and get me a 5.1 system, and a new tv, and a new dvd-player, etc ... :loco:

:D