"LIVE Damage" Unsynced?

on a standalone dvd samsung player connected to a standalone blaupunkt television, both not very new, the sound and the image are perfectly synchronized. video quality is above average, especially when the strobe lights are off. if you're experiencing problem in a similar setting i venture the opinion your hw might be seriously fucked up...

edit: everyone who is experiencing troubles with their live damage dvd is officially invited to come watch it at my place anytime. :)

rahvin said:
edit: everyone who is experiencing troubles with their live damage dvd is officially invited to come watch it at my place anytime. :)
does this stand for those who don't have the dvd in their hands yet, too? :p

Siren said:
does this stand for those who don't have the dvd in their hands yet, too? :p
no, they can stay at home watching walker texas ranger's reruns. :p
but why would you worry when you already fall in enough categories of people invited over to just come here anytime? ;)

rahvin said:
but why would you worry when you already fall in enough categories of people invited over to just come here anytime? ;)
because i must ensure i will watch the dvd while at it. :p

Has it ever occurred to you people that the DVD might be behaving differently in NTSC and PAL DVD players? Not that I know shit about DVD players, so I might be way off here. But it is a multi-region disc, isn't it?

Erik said:
Has it ever occurred to you people that the DVD might be behaving differently in NTSC and PAL DVD players? Not that I know shit about DVD players, so I might be way off here. But it is a multi-region disc, isn't it?
That's what I thought as well. The sync-errors appear both on my computer and with my roommate's DVD player, but the latter has also other visual problems (in addition to the colours not showing, as it doesn't support NTSC).

However, does someone know how a standalone DVD-player can be updated?!! I already asked my IT-engineer friend for the newest codecs for my computer, but I guess you can't run them for the standalone DVD-player? :confused:

-Villain

Siren said:
because i must ensure i will watch the dvd while at it. :p
oh, you know at some point we'll get to the dvd anyway. ;)

@erik; villain: i promise i'll look into all these problems and start a thread on how to get the most out of live damage as soon as i have the answers.

rahvin said:
oh, you know at some point we'll get to the dvd anyway. ;)
mental image: a huge maze in which we're set free to strive to find the dvd. that hurt my brain. :p

MagSec4 said:
Does this include those too poor to have it who live across the atlantic, and a plane ticket? : D
..I'd bring cookies : D
I'm sure if rahvin had to pay for a plane ticket, he'd prefer to pay mine. I might not bring cookies, but i'm prettier. :p

I'd bring koekjes :cool:

:lol:
(it will have to make up for the rest of me that is coming :lol: ) Who can win of/from a Siren? ;) :)

DT DT
I want a gig :(
I realised it again today, when I was watching the videos I _do_ have :D :p lol

rahvin said:

When's the next showing? :)

I don't know about the picture/audio being out of sync, it might be because I kind of got that feeling myself. But the picture definitely flashes while being played on a standalone dvd player, although I can only see it when the strobes are flashing.

Tranquillian said:
But the picture definitely flashes while being played on a standalone dvd player, although I can only see it when the strobes are flashing.
yes, it must have been the strobes. i spent half the time wishing they would turn them off for good. it's annoying when you're not in the club, and it probably still is even if you are.

Strobes are a royal pain in the ass when you get your face pinned in front of one and they don't turn it off :erk: They also look awful on video, so I'm surprised they were used for the DVD gig... from wht I hear the crowd didn't do much...

I haven't seen many safe internal ways to update a DVD player, but a variable overload attenuator may help a color problem, and the sound problem could be from cheap parts in the player... might just be something with the '0' region code and the different players... not sure about this.

Villain: the sync problems on a computer are very common, they happen to pretty much any high quality video. Unfortunately, it doesn't appear that a faster/higher tech computer will fix this sometimes (still had it on a friend's comp with Dual 3.2's and a 128Geforce) There are some player hacks to fix this, but I don't think they're worth the time.

Got mine today, works absolutely find in my Sony DVD player. Works fine on the computer DVD drive also, no synch problems to report.
5.1 mix is also very nice.

No complaints from me :)