Live Damage DVD available at The End Records

I haven't been in a decent record store (here, in Sweden) for a while so I haven't seen it yet, and lucky is that, because had I seen it, then I would have bought it. I have serious plans on getting it as a christmas present, you see.

what´s the deal with these "a-bunch-of-letter-that-I-don´t-have-a-clue-what-they-mean" versions? anything that matters at all?

Delirious said:
what´s the deal with these "a-bunch-of-letter-that-I-don´t-have-a-clue-what-they-mean" versions? anything that matters at all?

Can't say I'm the best person to answer this, but basically, the PAL format is generally used in Europe while the NTSC format is generally used in North America. From what I understand, this was more of a 90's problem, more modern TVs, VCRs, and DVD Players can play both formats without flaw. I believe if you try to play a PAL format video/dvd on a NTSC TV/VCR, or vice versa, then you won't see any color, it will just be black and white. Again, I'm no expert on this topic, I'm just responding with what I know because nobody else has.

AK said:
Can't say I'm the best person to answer this, but basically, the PAL format is generally used in Europe while the NTSC format is generally used in North America. From what I understand, this was more of a 90's problem, more modern TVs, VCRs, and DVD Players can play both formats without flaw. I believe if you try to play a PAL format video/dvd on a NTSC TV/VCR, or vice versa, then you won't see any color, it will just be black and white. Again, I'm no expert on this topic, I'm just responding with what I know because nobody else has.

ok, thanks. sounds reasonable and clear enough. :)

As a follow up to my first post in this thread, I recieved the DVD from The End today (love it) and would just like to give some more technical details for any who may be interested. First, it is an "All Regions" DVD, so no need to worry there. Second, it has the US Century Media address on it so it is a domestic (for those of us in the US) release. This prompted me to check www.centurymedia.com and sure enough they have it in their shop now for 15 bucks. However, you have to pay shipping on all orders under 80 bucks, so if you are buying the DVD alone, you are probably better off with The End Records still. Also, Century Media seems to be shipping things out slower recently, my last order from them took like a week or more just to process, before they even shipped the damn thing.

dredd_hedd said:
Cool, I'll be getting it soon. Anyone know if it still has that 1 second delay from audio and picture?
I'm still not quite sure about the answer, but this issue has come up so often that I believe it should be put to the DT-FAQ. At the moment, I'm under the assumption that the delay only appears when the DVD is played on equipment that does not fully support NTSC, or is poorly configured for NTSC-support. Can someone confirm / deny this?

-Villain

From what I learned working with video/audio editing is that it's a difference in framerate, one being 25 fps and the other being 30 fps, and only one filmed version, changed into these formats could explain the supposed sync problems.
I'm ordering two other things from TE tomorrow, but I don't know if I'll have money for this :( (one is for a friend who's giving me money [The Gallery, for a new DT fan] and the other is a Detonation - AED vinyl to complete my detonation collection)