New DVD available at amazon.de

i found it on some french website a couple weeks ago and was pissed and tryin to find out if it came out early in europe or it was a bootleg-ends up they were just selling it before it was released and of course didnt mention anything about it not being out til this week. it's cool for the band when ya preorder stuff cuz it increases the chances of a larger release shipping. im a trailertrash brokeass fuck, it aint easy for me to get money together. i have no idea what the situations like in austria but every time ive preordered shit i end up not getting it until a couple days after it's in the stores and i find it for half what i paid for it.

how much german do you think i read?:loco:
at this point i dont remember where i saw it or if it was true, but i read somewhere that BOTH formats would be available, your best bet would be to wait until you find a pal version or somebody says they have one and get the catalog number so you can be sure what yer getting.

we all know how busy joey keeps himself and at the moment theirs anthrax, 7witches and ARMORED SAINT stuff all happening so who knows what yer results would be, but i think you should try emailing joey about it. give him a SHORT explanation about your problem with compatibility on the trip dvd and ask if he knows if there will be a pal version of the ASM dvd. in the mail title put something like ARMORED SAINT MAGAZINE formats or pal availability or some such. you have a better chance at a quick reply if he knows before he opens it that you have a question and arent just a retard.

wormmail@joeyvera.com

if you get any information about pal availability i would appreciate it if you posted it here in the forum to help out any of the folks getting the european version who might not realise there could be a format conflict.

i remembered, but when i get it im gonna have to watch it somewhere else. asshole tried adding an electric socket on the same circuit as my tv & stereo were on-while they were both playing! he killed my tv and blew up one of my speakers, i dont know how he managed to do it, but unfortunately he didnt fry himself at the same time.

MRBEAST said:
we all know how busy joey keeps himself and at the moment theirs anthrax, 7witches and ARMORED SAINT stuff all happening so who knows what yer results would be, but i think you should try emailing joey about it. give him a SHORT explanation about your problem with compatibility on the trip dvd and ask if he knows if there will be a pal version of the ASM dvd. in the mail title put something like ARMORED SAINT MAGAZINE formats or pal availability or some such. you have a better chance at a quick reply if he knows before he opens it that you have a question and arent just a retard.

wormmail@joeyvera.com

Thanks a lot for the information, I just e-mailed Joey :)

Joey Vera answered me today:

Mr Black,

Sounds strange to me. The Euro version of Trip should be PAL
as well as the ASM new DVD. Should be all PAL in Europe. Try
contacting Metal Blade in Germany.
www.metalblade.de

Let me know what you find out! Thanks for writing.
Take care.
Joey Vera

I contacted Metal Blade Germany yesterday and got a reply today. Here's the answer in German and my translation:

"Wir übernehmen die DVDs normalerweise 1:1 von den Amis, also auf NTSC. Auf
den meisten Playern hier zu Lande können diese problemlos abgespielt werden,
es gibt aber natürlich auch welche, wo das nicht geht, wie jetzt in deinem
Fall. Ich biete dir also an, dass du uns die DVD zusendest, und wir sie dir
gegen atwas anderes tauschen, oder dir das Geld zurück erstatten.
Bei der neuen AS-DVD ist es übrigens genau das gleiche, also kauf sie dir
lieber erst gar nicht.
Hier noch unsere Adresse:..."

"We receive the DVDs from the USA in NTSC, and that's what we sell. Most players here are NTSC-compatible, but there are of course some which are not, like yours. I offer you to send the DVD back to us and we'll give you something else or, if you like, your money back.
The same goes for the new AS-DVD, so you better not buy it.
Here's our address:..."

Shit! I don't want my money back!
I don't want soemthing else!
I want my Armored Saint DVDs and I want to watch them at home!

Mr Blackwell said:
Shit! I don't want my money back!
I don't want soemthing else!
I want my Armored Saint DVDs and I want to watch them at home!

I solved my problem yesterday.
I bought a 5.1 surround system for my living room and moved my other DVD player to the bedroom, so now I can watch my NTSC-DVDs in the bedroom and everything else in 5.1 surround sound in the living room.
I watched the Trip Thru Red Times DVD yesterday and I had to laugh really hard during the bonus interview. Great DVD! Can't wait to get the new one!
:headbang: