"Live damage" audio

Most of the DT albums I have are in cassette format (old styles..tapes) and now I don't have a cassette player. I paid and bought cassettes !! So what should I do now ? Someone will borrow me the CDs and I'll burn them, or I'll download them. Now what laws say to me is "don't listen to DT".. In this case, if I don't listen to DT, I'll be a real, dedicated DT fan (according to some people's thoughts).

What should solve this downloading problem is not the laws, I think. It's all about us, and our understanding capability of justice.

khanyon said:
What should solve this downloading problem is not the laws, I think. It's all about us, and our understanding capability of justice.

not to defend a point i don't care about, but your "understanding capability" of justice, whatever that is, seems to be quite limited. if you own the record, even if it's just a tape, you own the rights to the music. no one is saying you shouldn't listen to the records, not even the law and certainly not the people here who would rather avoid having the forum closely monitored by century media representatives.

Sure. If you say "you got that tapes, so you can also download them, too, for playing in your mp3 player", then it's ok. it's fair. it's justice.

khanyon said:
Sure. If you say "you got that tapes, so you can also download them, too, for playing in your mp3 player", then it's ok. it's fair. it's justice.

i don't know where you live, but in most countries this is allowed. of course, the fact that they try to repress file-sharing in general is a bit of a contradiction in that respect, but still...

i guess what i'm saying is that sites and servers dedicated to file-sharing have been shut down, even recently, regardless of whether or not laws still approve of this. i'm sure the entertainment industry will give up at some point, but here we better lay low until the coast is clear.

UndoControl said:
Look: If cds cost 100 pesos instead of 270 and i could find any metal cd in my local music store, i wouldn't download music. Sadly, cds are expensive and hard to find where i live.
sorry, but that's just an excuse. cds aren't cheap here either, i'm not rich, and i can't find all the cds i want. yet, i save up and buy the cds i really love.

undo said:
I don't give a shit about Century Media

Al as a DT fan why don't you write Century Media tell them how you feel, I'm sure they would like to know how DT fans feel about them.

In late 2003 a friend at the time forwarded an email that they received, which went on to say that things were bad in the Dark Tranquillity camp, after a short tour of Italy, which CM backed, Their contact with CM was over and it appears the end for them is at hand. I was just getting into DT then and my thoughts were its over before I got to begin. I was not on the forum then but I had been reading it for a while.
Time marches on ... May 2004, DT had not played live in about 6 months but were playing in of all places, Japan. Must say up to then as there was not much DT news I thought DT was over.
I'm probably somewhat off in my facts but I would think Century Media had invested money as of May 2004 in order for DT to continue recording and playing live from around that time?
undo said:
I don't give a shit about Century Media
Later on when I read that Century Media had resigned DT and would be releasing Their next CD (Character) I was one happy chappy. In the next week I wrote to CM thanking them for continuing their support/relationship with DT and that I will always be a fan man of DT and will support DT and CM. I buy much stuff off the CM mail order and every time in the comments section of the mail order form I thank CM for their support DT's music.