"Live damage" audio

Magrathean

worldbuilder
Oct 14, 2005
Faculty of Science
s1.zetaboards.com
Some of you might recall from a couple of threads a while ago that one good day i found a Zodijackyl light mp3 file on LimeWire which said it was from Live damage.

For those of you who don't, here's the whole story: I downloaded the thing and found it was indeed the live at Krakow 2003 version of the song, but it was slightly different from the version on the second cd of Exposures. Then i downloaded Insanity's crescendo and came to the conclusion that it was indeed the original audio from Live damage rather than the edited version they put in Exposures. What Mikael said between the songs made me realize this (it contained parts that aren't on Exposures, such as "You know, we've been doing this for a couple of years now, and it just gets weirder and weirder and crazier and crazier with each year, with each song we write" (notice how the underlined text doesn't appear in Exposures)). As i continued downloading the songs, i got more and more convinced that it was the original Live damage audio and i came to the conclusion that the version on Exposures sucks bigtime (especially since it doesn't contain Undo control because of time constraints).

Anywho, long story made short: I was almost done with it when Utkan (khanyon on this forum) said he had it and offered to send me the whole thing. So here it is (in four separate zip files because of technical problems with an unknown reason): the complete Live damage audio from the show at Krakow, Poland. Don't thank me for uploading the files (even though it literally took somewhere around 24 hours); Utkan is the guy you should be thanking for providing them. :) Whoever wants it just pm me.

buy Exposures, buy Exposures, buy Exposures, buy Exposures
First of all its copyrighted material. And you no right to give it away.
I don't think this sort of thing is permitted on this forum?
As for the money part get a job.
And I'm not your mate
buy Exposures, buy Exposures, buy Exposures, buy Exposures

Okay, man, sorry for calling you 'mate'. I didn't realize it would offend you. But now i know, and it won't happen again. :)

I can't get a job. Even without UM, i wouldn't have enough time for university, lab and work, and work is the last among those in my priority list.

And go tell everyne else who has shared files over the internet that it's copyrighted material. I don't give a shit about Century Media, and DT doesn't give a shit about people sharing their music over the internet, and that's fine by me and by the people i'm sharing it with. If you don't like it, don't download it. It's really that simple. I can't believe i have to explain this to you.

Utkan & UndoControl: Thanks alot! this is great :)
and no, I don't really consider this stealing since it's unavailable material... (and the fact that I own Exposures and Live Damage also adds to the 'this is not stealing'-part =P)

La Rocque: Don't take this so serious. If it's not appreciated it will be removed by admin(s)

I know for a fact that DT members are downloading music from the internet and I also know for a fact that, when it can be done, it's way better to encourage the artist than to hack his work. Still I have to say that without internet file-sharing programs I would have never (or very much later in my life) discovered bands like Dark Tranquillity, from which I now own all of their albums. File-sharing can be good but there is a lot of abuse and for that I think it sucks. But for the visibility it gives to some artists, it's great.

I never said downloading these was an act worthy of punishment. However, depending on the files you are looking for, you can buy pretty much every cd that's been made on the internet (amazon or ebay or whatever). However for these extremely rare tracks that are unreleased, well what else can you do but dl them?

one point i have to say larocque has is: when did i ever say it's ok to post threads about the sharing of copyrighted material? seriously. the rule of thumb here has always been: mention it and then pm each other. unless you want me to enforce this more strictly, remove this and talk about it over msn or something i'm not in charge of.

there's links here, for fuck's sake. i'm surprised this is coming from a regular. keep it to yourself or i'm going to stop it altogether.