Live Earth Concert

The whole idea is stupid. None of those assholes will do anything to help the environment. Their "help" comes from the subjective intangible "awareness" that when you add it up doesn't add up to shit that makes any difference. They'll hop into a gas-guzzler limo, not pick up a single trash after themselves, and leave with a smug sense that what they did mattered all the while passing the buck to everyone else to actually be the ones who physically do something about it.

Damn. I hate "do as I say, not as I do" celebs who think they did something important by doing "awareness" for something anyone who's not living in a cave already knows about.

Amen to that!! I didn't see the purpose of the concert at all. It didn't raise money to fund alternative energy and renewable resource programs. And concerts are the worst when it comes to energy consumption. They claimed they offset their carbon emission by buying extra "carbon credits" from companies who didn't use theirs. So, they, in a sense, did the same as the worst industrial polluters.

The BBC spokeswoman claimed the concert was "running behind schedule" and producers wanted to insert the Crowded House video at that point "to reflect what was happening across the globe".

Well, they could have played Crowded House during the Pussycat Dolls or some of the other shit. It did make me laugh they had more complaints about the cutting short of Metallica's set than the bad language

Amen to that!! I didn't see the purpose of the concert at all. It didn't raise money to fund alternative energy and renewable resource programs. And concerts are the worst when it comes to energy consumption. They claimed they offset their carbon emission by buying extra "carbon credits" from companies who didn't use theirs. So, they, in a sense, did the same as the worst industrial polluters.
Glad to see I'm not the only one on here that feels this way. The whole "carbon credits" thing is such a fucking joke.

All that means is they polluted a lot by buying up pollution rights from someone else. That hardly makes them look like environmental crusaders.

It didn't raise money for anything. It's just celeb-tards trying to make themselves feel like they did something with the ambiguous "awareness."

The BBC spokeswoman claimed the concert was "running behind schedule" and producers wanted to insert the Crowded House video at that point "to reflect what was happening across the globe".

Well, they could have played Crowded House during the Pussycat Dolls or some of the other shit. It did make me laugh they had more complaints about the cutting short of Metallica's set than the bad language
Or cut out any of the pointless Jonathon Woss interviews with "celebrities" that I didn't recognize.