Live Firewind DVD

poundingmetal74

Demons Will Fly
Oct 18, 2004
Canada, eh
www.finalstage.ca
This tracklist is incredible - All of the songs I truly wanted to be on this live CD are there. Oh sure, they left out many favorites like I Will Fight Alone, but the vast majority are there, and they even did my favorite song on the new album: Life Foreclosed. Hopefully the mix and video are as good as the tracklist (which I have little worry about).

1. Allegiance
2. Insanity
3. Into the Fire
4. Head up High
5. Mercenary Man
6. Angels Forgive Me
7. My Loneliness
8. Circle of Life
9. The Silent Code
10. Life Foreclosed
11. Destination Forever
12. Keyboard Solo
13. Guitar Solo
14. The Fire and the Fury
15. Drum Solo-Dreamchaser
16. Till the End of Time
17. Deliverance
18. Brother's Keeper (Friggin eh!)
19. Firewind - Between Heaven and Hell
20. I am the Anger
21. Falling to Pieces
22. Tyranny

BONUS MATERIAL:
23. Mercenary Man (promotional video)
24. Head up High (promotional video)
25. Falling to Pieces (promotional video)
26. Breaking the Silence (promotional video)
27. My Loneliness (unplugged)
28. Where Do We Go From Here? (unplugged)
29. Head up High (Live In Montreal 2008)
30. The Fire and the Fury (Live In Montreal 2008)
31. Till the end of Time (Live In Montreal 2008)

Supposedly it was released this week, but Amazon shows it as discontinued (how stupid is that) and there is one new review up from some guy in the UK. My guess is it's released in Europe but it might take a week or two for American distributors to get it.

Supposedly it was released this week, but Amazon shows it as discontinued (how stupid is that) and there is one new review up from some guy in the UK. My guess is it's released in Europe but it might take a week or two for American distributors to get it.

I've had no word on this from the contacts at their label...
I'm guessing this won't hit the streets in the USA until early 2009....

I've had no word on this from the contacts at their label...
I'm guessing this won't hit the streets in the USA until early 2009....

Yeah, most likely.

I'm so sick of this Century / Nuclear Blast Europe first mentality. They've done it with new Edguy, Dream Evil and now the Firewind DVD. Me thinks all they're doing is turning off potential buyers by making North Americans wait several extra months to where they may lose interest, not wanting to pay nearly double for the product earlier.

Not sure totally. I like Apollo's vocals hence I started with the band with "Allegiance", but at the same time I'm not fan of DVDs. I will decide later.

Yeah it is out in Europe, for a couple of weeks now I think. Might have to pick it up someday, saw the band open for Kamelot last spring and they were rock solid. Their studio albums have passed under my radar so far but I've read a lot of positive comments about this DVD so I guess I'll start here and work my way back through the discography.

Yeah, I'm impatient so I'll probably have to pay the import price to get it early. Sometimes I wish I lived in Europe!

Be sure to check lasercd.com. I bought my Dream Evil "Gold Medal In Metal" at domestic (USA) price there, also The End brings DVDs at low prices from Europe.

Be sure to check lasercd.com. I bought my Dream Evil "Gold Medal In Metal" at domestic (USA) price there, also The End brings DVDs at low prices from Europe.

Yup, I check both of those regularly. No go on the Firewind or the Dream Evil (I want the DVD version). I did find the new Lacuna Coil DVD though! I know it's gonna be loaded down with songs from the new album (which I didn't care much for) but I've just gotta see them perform live.