Your 'Best of Firewind' CD

ch0pzta

Master Of Puppets
Jan 10, 2008
Australia
If you could make a 'Best of' Firewind CD, what would be the tracklist/order?

Mine=

Falling to Pieces
Between Heaven and Hell
Warrior
Burning Earth
Breaking the Silence
Where do we go from here?
Tyranny
Pictured Life
Beware the Beast
Hate World Hero
Before the Storm
Insanity
Brothers Keeper
I am the anger
The fire and the fury
Tomorrow can wait

What do you guys/girls think?

i wouldn't put 'where do we go from here now?" on the greatest hits.

Between Heaven and Hell
I am the Anger
The Fire and the Fury
Brothers Keeper
Kill to Live
Tyranny
Insanity
Falling to Pieces
Breaking the Silence
Deliverance

i only have burning earth and allegiance so my greatest hits is incomplete for now. i'm short on money (college) and i have to by the cds online. although i found "allegiance" at this random comic place and i was like HOLY SHIT! cuz i wouldn't have expected it. its kinda my instinct now whenever i go to a cd place to look for Firewind and Elvenking cds.

i've heard the other songs on my list that aren't from those two cds and they're awesome.

1. Kill to Live - because it is possibly one of my favourite Firewind songs. I had it as my ringtone on my phone for over a year and constantly had people coming up to me and asking who it was that played it. GREAT intro to an album.
2. Between Heaven and Hell - well it's the song that got me into Firewind. The first song I heard and I fell in love with it instantly. The vocals are immaculate.
3. Where Do We Go From Here? - Possibly, surprisingly, my favourite song from the Allegiance album. The lyrics are PHENOMENAL (as with a few Firewind songs in particular) and mean something. I REALLY would love to hear this live. Everytime I hear it it makes me happy :)
4. Destination Forever - Slightly faster paced balls to the wall METAL my friends!!!!! Nothing beats this if I'm in a wanting to air guitar and headband like an idiot in my room. Seriously. Try it. It takes you to a new level of self actualisation ^_^ Nothing beats it like Apollo singing it live though.
5. The Longest Day - After all that fast paced action. Slow it down with this EPIC ballad. they don't call me "Epic Kirsty" for nothing y'know. There is nothing on this earth I like more than a metal ballad when the time calls for one. Remember those songs I was talking about with meaningful lyrics? *nods* Mmmhmm.
6. Teenage Idol (yes...the Blackfoot cover) - Whoever came up with the idea of this cover is a FUCKING GENIUS. Bob's keyboard intro to the start is amazing. If you've ever heard the original song you'll know why this cover is just perfect. Apollo fucking NAILED the vocals. I can just imagine him in the video (if you haven't seen the video it's on youtube). The guitar is much stronger and punchier than the original and to be honest, I think this song is WASTED as filler on a single. GET IT ON AN ALBUM!!!!!I can't express how much I love this song. Think 70's/80's rock along the lines of Lynyrd Skynyrd. Genius I tells ya!
7. Deliverance - Because I like it. It's beautifully written musically. The keyboards I feel bring the entire piece together. It's a good kind of mid way through an album song. Firewind have covered all the bases with a song for every mood. My favourite vocals are definitely on the Allegiance album and the Between Heaven and Hell album.
8. Tyranny - I felt pressured to put this in. I'm not a big fan of the Tyranny. No I'm not. I LOVE the song and the lyrics are deep and meaningful. I like that. I LOVE that. But there's something about this song. Maybe I'm just bitter that it is ALWAYS used as the closing song? There are so many better closing songs....like Between Heaven and Hell! Mix it up a bit!
9. The Fire and the Fury - Ooooh yes *chugga chugga chugga chug chug chugga* *meedly meedly meely meedly meedly meeeeew* *weeeeew weew weeede weeew de de weeeeew*. Gus. Bob. Gus. Bob. Gus again.....Bob again!*wee weew weeeew*. It's an orgasm to my ears.
10. I Am The Anger - I think this song is amazing. It's getting out in my best of for that simple reason. There's no defining part I can pick about it to explain why it's good. It just IS.
11. Pictured Life - Yes...a strange choice I hear you say. One of Firewind's lesser known songs from the first album. A song many people skip. It just has something about it. It's quite repetitive but SOOOO catchy. One day I listened to it on repeat for about 4 hours without even realising it O____O
12. Allegiance - Third best song on the album after Deliverance and Where Do We Go From Here? (joint 1st :p) (Oooh the controversy!!!!!) I actually pretty much like EVERY song consistently on the Allegiance album. First 3 songs are flawless. ready to Strike I find a bit...meh but still listenable. Breaking the Silence....I HATE female vocals in songs. But this one I can tolerate! Deliverance is better than flawless. Til The End Of Time & Dreamchaser...amazing. I often find myself skipping Before The Storm because it's a bit mellow for my mood often.
13. Healing Tool - Oh yes that sneaky little Japanese bonus track!!! I've decided this amazing. Why is it a bonus track!!???!??!? Damn Japanese always get the bonus tracks. Well not today...I'm including 2 bonus tracks on my 'Best of..." :D lol. I like the way Apollo sings over himself nearer the end.
[Bonus] Warrior - This song fucking makes it for me! The drums at the start are WELL GOOD! I love the simple, short punchy verses at the start too ^_^ Mmmm, I like the kind of harmony of the gentle verses too! Wait....I like everything about this song! Yup!!!!
[Bonus] I Will Fight Alone - KACHING! *dun dun weeew weeew dun dun dun*. Fuck yes. Listen to the lyrics. LISTEN. How inventive and original are they!? 'Overlords' is rhymed with 'hoardes'!!!!!!!!! I have no idea why this impresses me but it fucking does!!!!! This song reminds me that it's better to stand up alone and die for SOMETHING rather than not stand up at all or follow a crowd and die having accomplished nothing in my life. Deep.

Do you know how long this took me!??!?! Sake. I couldn't decide! You'll notice a few songs have been left out. Such as "Insanity" and "Brothers Keeper", "Steal Them Blind", "Falling To Pieces". Well. I don't regret my decisions. Those songs above, in my opinion are some of their fucking BEST.

And how can you NOT put Where Do We Go From Here? on the list orcslayr!!??!?!? HOW!? lol. I would actually pay triple for my ticket if Firewind said they'd play it.

xx Kirsty

[Bonus] Warrior - This song fucking makes it for me! The drums at the start are WELL GOOD! I love the simple, short punchy verses at the start too ^_^ Mmmm, I like the kind of harmony of the gentle verses too! Wait....I like everything about this song! Yup!!!!

The first time i heard that song the volume was cranked up to max, and it just hammered in and my jaw just dropped. Powerful intro.

Spike. Don't you gimme this rubbish!!!

I sat from like 2am til WELL after 4am. Possibly close to 5am deciding and writing why I think it.

I went to bed at 6am and had to be up at 7.30am. So I'm going back to bed now...before my 9 hour shift at work :(

xx Kirsty

i didn't really like "where do we go from here" because i think it sounds the least like them. the lyrics seem incredibly bland, like that of an 80s cheesy metal ballad. not even that much guitar stuff on gus' part.

definitely not greatest hits material in my opinion.

and i actually have to disagree with you again: i found the lyrics to Dreamchaser somewhat annoying. "sheer raiser, steam raiser?" what the fuck?

other than those two songs, allegiance was pretty awesome

Heh. Just shows how opinions differ. It's like one of my favourite Firewind songs. In the top 3 at least.

Agree slightly with the lyrics to Dreamchaser though! It's a good tune, catchy, melodic. But the bloody lyrics!!!!! I like more meaningful lyrics as I said before.

xx Kirsty

I love the song 'Where do we go from here?', i think its the perfect song to end the CD on.

When i first listened to Allegience, that and Falling to Pieces were the 2 songs that really stood out for me.

I love the opening riff, and the song reminds me a lot of 'Children of the night' (Dream Evil), and i love that song too, so its a winner all round.

Well i'm glad to hear that many of you like 'Where Do We Go From Here?'! i, too, think it's one of the best of the album. really catchy, emotional, meaningful and great melody. and i'd love to hear it live too, i wonder why they never play it! Well i guess it's one of those songs that is a fans' fav but is never played live! (You know, a few years ago they didn't even play 'Brother's Keeper' live! one of their best for me)

Here's my list:

- The Fire and the Fury
- Tyranni
- I am the Anger
- Destination Forever
- Dreamchaser
- Insanity
- I will Fight Alone
- Kill to Live
- Brothers Keeper
- Burning Earth
- Pictured Life (Because Scorpions with Jon Roth are so freekin good)
- Waiting Still
- Feast of the Savages

I would like them also to do a Firewind Box with an incredible nice Outlay on the box in shape of something (Maybe a Gus guitar?) With all their Cd's in :D Hope they do something like that in future when they've grown even bigger! :D

Now now. Simmer.

They've never played 'Kill To Live' like the 10 times I've seen that and judging by everyones Best Of... CD everyone likes it!!!!!!!

Obviously the band will have their favourites or songs that are special to them and play the ones they want to (knowing we'll love whatever they play anyway! Haha)

xx Kirsty

Or they just play the songs they remember :rofl: like Dismember, when I saw them live they said: We're sorry we can't play our famous song tonight, we have simply forgot it, we haven't played for over 4 years :rofl: SO LOL!

Or they just play the songs they remember :rofl: like Dismember, when I saw them live they said: We're sorry we can't play our famous song tonight, we have simply forgot it, we haven't played for over 4 years :rofl: SO LOL!

DISMEMBER RULES!!! I've heard a preview of their new album... It's secksi. Very very secksi.