Firewind Bedford NH

Evil

Drunken Bastard
Jul 20, 2002
New Hampshire
www.metalmayhem.net
First off heres the setlist:

Intro - Highlander theme ( Michael Kamen )
Allegiance
I am the Anger
Destination Forever
(key/guitar solo) Fire and the Fury
Drum solo
Till the End of Time
Deliverance
Brothers Keeper
Ready to Strike
Between Heaven and Hell

ENCORE

Intro( dont recall the piece)
Steal them Blind
Falling to Pieces
Tyranny

Due to a glitch in the ticket sellers website AND 2 other MAJOR acts within driving distance ie: Megadeth in Manchester NH and the Scorpions in Maine , and Sonata in Worcester the crowd was small but by no means less vocal or enthusiastic.Numbering 30 tops the crowd was loud and ready to give energy back to the band. The band, despite the crowd size gave thier all tonight as Marks drum solo was powerful and energetic. "Sponge"Bob Katsionis took on double duty tonight playing guitar AND keys... everyone was on fire and this show only confirms my anticipation for thier set at Prog Power in one week.

Henning Basse nailed everything from each "era" of Firewind adding his own flair and as he puts it "color" to them. He handled the small crowd with class and energy.

More thoughts later... enjoy !

I saw the pictures of that show. Double G actually has a tattoo now! Thoughts on it people?

Oh and Bob's iBob shirt is too funny.

OMG! Gus was playing so fast his arm went on fire!!!

Nah seriously, nice tattoo! Time for me to finish mines off!

This was the show I wanted to go to as it was on my birthday, but hey. Couldn't afford it and I got to see Kamelot, Threshold, Serenity and The Vengaboys over the weekend! So hey, not all was lost and I get to see them twice in November!

xx Kirsty

I saw the pictures of that show. Double G actually has a tattoo now! Thoughts on it people?

Oh and Bob's iBob shirt is too funny.

Great shots there DrumRman. Poor Gus has a look on his face like he's thinking "G I need 2 get laid". :lol:

I love Bob's shirt! He always looks great. The pics of all the guys are amazing! :headbang:

Gus's new tattoo is cool but I think he needs a wrist band tattoo around the red base. Maybe one of these he can change every night. :heh:
39_1563.jpg
istockphoto_1472579_wrist_bands_tattoos.jpg

Gus G goes wannabe linkin park singer :rofl: with that flame on his arm, everyone gets that flame nowadays.. it just were about time he tattooed it too-.- :rofl: I didn't like it though:p

Yeah I found the flame very Linkin Park too. He should have dead babies falling in the flames, that's metal!

And yes, he has a Japanese symbol on his left shoulder if I'm not mistaken...

Aye, that's what I thought.

I'm getting my Firewind tattoo finished at the October holiday!!!!!

Can't get it done just now because I'm at college most days and for it to heal properly I have to not wear tops with a back for like a week. So I have 2 weeks to wait XD

xx Kirsty

No offense now gus but...

He's a little whimpy I saw;) He didn't tattoo the flame around the whole arm, he skipped the thin layer on the arm probably because that will hurt the most;)

lol, well I have the inside of my forearm very close to my wrist tattoo'd and it was literally nothing. Didn't hurt at all.

So I'm expecting this tattoo on my back not to hurt a lot. But we'll see. Heh!

xx Kirsty