Live from Malmö on Swedish Radio P3?

oliviasmor

Whole Lotta Woman
Jun 6, 2004
Koege, Denmark
I missed it by 3 f..king hours!! Was at the concert in Malmö and I would have liked to hear it again. Has anyone recorded it and can I have a copy....PLEASE??:worship:

Fuck yeah thanks man!

If only i was a few minutes earlier to catch the start of lotus eater.

Uh, just record it using No23 Recorder or something like that - and post it here! For my part, I'm too lazy.

http://www.sr.se/cgi-bin/p3/nyhetssidor/artikel.asp?programID=2663&artikel=2910331

At the top corner in the middle of the page there is a red and white box with a pair of headphones and a text saying "SENASTE SÄNDNINGEN" (case sensitive) which means latest broadcast. The show is divided into two parts, to access them ( the first part) press the text "P3 Live" just after that small volume button thingy. There is a brief introduction of the band which is actually surprisingly well-made and accurate and then the first song is heir apparent :)!

second song is godhead's lament, they actually changed the first solo ( my guess is that its åkesson playing it, its faster and more technical but sounded very good, especially the ending with the double guitar thingy

EDIT: what I wanted to say was that I think its totally worth checking out this recording, heir apparent wasn't that specia, because of the sound which isnt top-notch but godhead's lament is really interesting, especially added keyboards by per

Seems like there is only one part after all. Here is the setlist:

Heir apparent
Godhead's lament
Leper affinity (amazing btw, the guitars are so seriously epic sounding this song and onward)
Closure (best imo, classic jam in the middle of the song and ending honestly, very amazingly performed)
The Lotus Eater
Deliverance

I think that's it. The overall sound quality isnt top-notch but it gets better after godhead's lament I think. The backing vocals aren't as good as we used to but this is forgotten when you listen to the sound of the instruments which just completely amazing. Some might argue that they didn't like the added keyboard on some parts, especially godhead's lament acoustic passage where it almost takes away the sound of the guitars. Again, I think this is because of the quality of the recording rather than an intentional arrangement by the boys. leper affinity and closure is without a doubt the best performances, closure alone is worth listening to the whole concert.

Wow I was at this concert but I don't remember it sounding this good! Most of it sounds much better than the albums. Can anyone rip this or tell me how to rip it?

it's finnish, idiot. ^^

Btw. there's some other concert playing when you press the P3 button, did anyone press record button for our beloved Opeth?