Live PQ CD!

metaljrg

New Metal Member
Aug 20, 2012
Birmingham UK
www.facebook.com
Hi Steve/Other PQ Members.

I'm sure between yourselves you must of had the thought of releasing a Live CD? Your band has been making music now for around 11 years and your yet to release one! I know some of it might be money or even having a decent recording that your happy with to release. Ever thought maybe as a bonus CD to a new album to have a Live recording included? Or even having it available as MP3's for the fans to download for free or for a minimal fee on the PQ website?

Would love a Live recording of you guys, especially now with the new lineup with Colin on vocals. As he sings very similar to Allessio did but with his own style thrown in for good messure.

What are your thoughts?

Loz

(will add this on the PQ group on Facebook as well for others to read who might not be on this forum)

Ah yes, the discussion of a live release has come up a few times recently... Just like the covers idea, I would absolutely participate in one of those pledge activities to get one made.

It's been mentioned before and it gets my full support. As always I think for Steve and the band the viability of stuff like this has to pass various logistical and practical checks. I would have loved a live CD when Alessio and Chity were around too as well as Colin (camera phone videos are just erghh).

yes most footage on youtube is pretty terrible to be honest, one or two are watchable with reasonable picture and sound. i understand why some post their videos for memories etc, but if i had footage of any band/artist and it was terrible i wouldnt put it on the internet!

Yeah it's something I've thought about previously but really it comes down to supply and demand...and the fact that if I take on a project it has to be the very best we can do.

For example, it's easily possible to record an OK sounding album for relatively little these days....2 or 3K perhaps. However.....if you are going to do something you may as well do it to the best of your ability right? Which means more like 8K.

Similarly with a live recording, you would want all the proper gear there and the venue chosen specifically particulary if recording for DVD as well.

The reality is that the record company will not invest to that extent with a band like us who will never be a gimmick, flavour of the month type band. For us to go down this road, it would have to be via Pledge, Kickstarter or similar approach.

On a smaller level we have similar things with merchandise......a handful of people wanting hoodies, a handful wanting LS tees etc etc but you can't offer multiple lines of merchandise if you are not convinced on the selling potential. Ive done this over the years and ended up with shirts coming out of my arse to be honest...lol!

We need to make sure that our fans (I've not a worry with forum regulars as you guys rule!) buy into the idea if we go the "indie" route in the future.

When I think of going into a business agreement with say, a record label, commission for graphic design, publishing deals with indie video game devs, advances for authors etc 8K seems like such a reasonable amount for something that will surely pay back the investment plus profits...I mean especially from a label that has at least 95 bands on its roster with prominent money-making bands from Grave Digger to Tyr.

I appreciate I don't have the insider knowledge about this sort of thing but it still smacks of unreasonable PQ can't get support for a live CD/DVD just by asking. That's a label's job!

More and more it seems crowdfunding is the way forward. I can guarantee PQ would make an 8K target. I've seen lesser causes far exceed this.

If you look at the Napalm roster now.....bands like The Answer and Devildriver have been snapped up, merely adds to the likes of PQ being pushed further down the pecking order I'm afraid.

Therein lies the issue Dom.......our album sales are dwindling with each release since MND to be honest so there seems little point in being with a label that doesn't cover the costs of recording and provides zero tour support. Of course, from their perspective I completely understand that they need to concentrate on the more profitable acts, irrespective of whether these acts are actually, in our opinion, any good.

If you look at the Napalm roster now.....bands like The Answer and Devildriver have been snapped up, merely adds to the likes of PQ being pushed further down the pecking order I'm afraid.

Therein lies the issue Dom.......our album sales are dwindling with each release since MND to be honest so there seems little point in being with a label that doesn't cover the costs of recording and provides zero tour support. Of course, from their perspective I completely understand that they need to concentrate on the more profitable acts, irrespective of whether these acts are actually, in our opinion, any good.

Is that a hint your thinking of Switching Labels soon? Nuclear Blast, Century Media any good for a band like yours?

If PQ were to switch, Nuclear Blast sure isn't the way to go.

Rhapsody went to Nuclear Blast after that massive ordeal with Magic Circle Music and it was okay for a while, but NB did next to ZERO promotion for them, and on top of that, halfway through their recent US tour, they dropped them. That may explain why they only had one type of shirt for sale, too, and zero other merchandise.

Rant over...