Please welcome our new frontman......

Symphony

PQ member
Jan 8, 2002
Southampton, UK
www.power-quest.co.uk
We are pleased to finally reveal the identity of the new PQ frontman,so please welcome Colin Callanan to the Power Quest family! Colin, 31, is from Galway, Ireland and will make his live debut with the band in Wakefield on November 27th. The show will be streamed "live" on the internet as well! Previously Colin has been heard fronting his own projects "Dark Crystal" and "Karuna". You can check out Karuna here www.myspace.com/karunaweb

Steve Williams commented, "We are thrilled to welcome Colin into the band. He impressed each and every one of us at his audition a couple of months back, and he really understands what Power Quest is all about. His voice and personality are exactly what we have been looking for. Welcome aboard brother!"

Colin added, "I'm really happy to be joining PQ! I've been following the band since their very first demo release on mp3.com and have already been singing PQ songs for many years to help me keep my vocal skills up to scratch. I've always thought it would be great to get the opportunity to sing with an internationally acclaimed outfit such as Power Quest, and was really glad when I got the invite from Steve to come over and jam with the band to see how the chemistry is.

Well it was really cool hanging out with the PQ family over those days, and I tried to give them a good blast of my voice in the rehearsal room so they could see if my technique and style was what PQ are after. We both agree it's a good match, and I'm really enthusiastic about being the new voice of PQ and offering as much as I can to the band on the old songs, as well as working with the guys to write new material together. I look forward to many more gigs and tours, and plenty of craic as we say in Ireland!"

Thanks to everyone who auditioned for the vocalist position in the band. We had some really great candidates and it was a tough decision to make but we wish everyone the very best in their future musical endeavours.

Let me be the first to welcome Colin to the Power Quest community!
I cant wait to hear this guy, the 27th November can't come soon enough!

Might as well post this here too:

Woo! This is very encouraging. Brilliant reports from both sides here, very glad the chemistry is there and he's a UK based lad. Always nice to hear that he's a fan from the early days too.

MySpace doesn't work with my work comp but found this as an idea of how his voice/vocal range is:
Already the high notes are there, less power than Chity but I'm seeing a lot of potential here :headbang: Congrats to Steve and crew, welcome to the Quest Colin!

Last edited by a moderator:
Holy crap, I bought Karuna's Neitherworld a couple years ago and yes indeed he has a great voice! That is awesome! Welcome, brother!!

Welcome to Power Quest!

Cheers to Dom for posting the youtube link (Myspace doesn't like my computer either), sounds promising

How do we listen to the live stream of the first gig?

Cool he's sounding great! Going to have to check out his earlier stuff now:)

Welcome to the quest colin!

i wish steve could do a "special CD" like a re-recording of some classic PQ songs w/ Colin in it...

"Whatever the future may bring
The magic will remain in all of us
Whatever the danger we face
Together we will all be strong enough
To find our salvation in life
To follow the ways of old
You can be sure in the one thing we know
Magic never dies.."

So many thanks for the warm welcomes guys!! I've been around a while on this forum, but I'm really looking forward to finally meeting my forum buddies in person!

Really enjoyed rocking out with the band all weekend... we must have clocked up a good few hours on the Saturday in the rehearsal room ( 9 hours or so?) but it just flew by and felt like a bunch of friends hanging out! This is how bands should all be :)