Welcome new comers to the Power Quest forum....

Blessed Night Child

SheWolf Warrior
Sep 18, 2002
Lebanon, Tennessee
www.myspace.com
We all would like to welcome new comers to the PQ forum. You may introduce yourself, if you wish. We all hope you enjoy your stay here. This is the coolest forum online. :D

:wave: Hello and welcome brethern. :headbang:

Power Quest Rules! :headbang:

The quest must continue....

My favorite bands are: Blind Guardian, Iced Earth, Hammerfall, Nightwish, Annihilator, Stratovarius, Kamelot, Rhapsody, Pegazus, Power Quest, Howling Syn, Thy Majestie, Moonspell, Angel Dust, Therion, Odes Of Ecstasy, Vintersorg, Testament, Savatage, Bathory, Singery, Manowar, Demons & Wizards, Overkill & Brainstorm.

I am a 30yo divorced mother of 2. I have been in a 9year relationship with my son's dad. My daughter Angel is 10yo and my son Jon is 8yo. Jon is my little metalhead since he was 4yo. Everytime I would ask him who was playing he would say "Iced Earth" even if it wasn't. Iced Earth is his favorite band. Angel likes pop music. There's still hope for her.

I am into the medieval era, Fantasy, JRR Tolkien, Werewolves, sci-fi, Horror, & action (movies and artwork of these things).

I spend most of my time working. :( I work as a file clerk at a hospital. So, Exciting.

The one thing that makes me feel good is power metal music. There's many kinds of metal I like but power metal is my favorite at the moment.

What I would want tell to everyone? Metal rules! FUCK POSERS!!! :headbang: Party hard!! :headbang:

"A Metal Heart Is Hard To Tear Apart - Hammerfall"

:wave: Hello and welcome.. <greets you with open arms> :cool:

Cool idea BNC..here's a bit about me!!

My name is Lisa.

My favourite bands are: Power Quest of course.....Blind Guardian, Led Zeppelin, Gamma Ray, Iced Earth, Maiden, Freedom Call, Rush, Threshold, Marillion, Hammerfall, Priest, Halford, Angel Dust, Darkmoor, Rhapsody, Saxon, Motorhead and lots of others that I have most undoubtedly forgot!!

I am a 37yo mum of 1...a little girl of 5 called Georgia Rose. She's a big Symphony X and Gamma Ray fan!! I'm separated..have never gotten round to getting divorced...and have been in a long-distance relationship for around the last two years or so!! We met on the net!! If you haven't guessed who it is yet...well ..he posts on this board too.....!!! I am a big cat lover and have two cats. I work full-time at a goverment office in the town where I live.

LIke BNC I enjoy fantasy fiction and movies especially the Lord of the Rings. Also very into British History especially pre-Tudor stuff!!

I love power metal but I'm also a bit of a prog fan too!!

Welcome!!:wave:

Welcome to all who have joined us!!!!!:D Hope yu like the forum, there are some really cool people here.:)

About me:
I'm a 30y.o. father of 2, I have a wonderful gf of 9 yrs whom I love very much.:)
I play drums in 2 metal bands, one a Black/Death/Doom/Power Metal combo, the other a Thrashy/Doom/Goth/Power Metal combo.

I write Horror/Sci-Fi/Fantasy novels, that I will hopefully very soon get pubished. If I do you guys will be the first to know. :)

I like Horror, Sci-Fi, Fantasy and medieval time era movies, Action movies and Metal Metal Metal!!!!!!:headbang:

My favorite bands are:
AC/DC, Blind Guardian, Nightwish, Iced Earth, Hamerfall, Amorphis, Howling Syn, Bathory, Savatage, Naglfar, Power Quest(of course) Dies Ire, Nightingale, Therion, Sinergy, Manowar, and Overkill.

I hope everyone enjoys posting here and meeting REAL metalheads. :):D

Great thread call!:cool:

Well, for those of you who don't know, I'm the Power Quest keyboard player:Smokin: I'm 30 years old and live in Southampton, UK. When I'm not "following the Quest" (which isn't very often..hehe) I work as a Systems analyst at a local college.

I live with my gf of 10 years (hi anna! :) ) and am a huge fan of Sci-fi (Star Trek, Babylon 5, Farscape etc) and fantasy (both film and books).

Power and prog metal is my preferred choice of listening, although I'm also partial to a bit of classic rock, prog rock and classical music

Fave bands include Edguy, Stratovarius, Rhapsody, Maiden, Marillion, Threshold, Freedom Call, Yes, Sonata Arctica, Dream Theater, Nightwish, Kamelot,Blind Guardian, Gamma Ray and many more.

Again a hearty welcome to everyone new and mighty hail to the forum regulars

:yell:

Don't think I'd count as a n00b (better bloody well not! :mad: :D ) but I do like talking about myself :cool:

My favourite bands in the world ever are Iron Maiden, Judas Priest and ManOwaR. I am also a fan of the likes of:
AC/DC, Anthrax, Bathory, Black Sabbath, BLAZE, Bon Jovi, Burzum, Cream, Deep Purple, Def Leppard, DragonForce, Europe, Gehennah, Halford, Hammerfall, Led Zeppelin, Lord Belial, MSG, Nifelheim, PowerQuest, Rainbow, Saxon, Whitesnake...and a host of others! :D

I'm a 17-year old guy who as well as loving Heavy Metal also loves Final Fantasy games and Anime. Final Fantasy 7 & 9 are the pinnacle of gaming in my eyes, and I'm currently slogging my way through FF6. Anime I have already indulged in in another certain thread, suffice to say Tenchi Muyo! is by far my favourite series. I got some new Slayers and El Hazard DVDs to watch actually...

If it all sounds like the recipe of a guy who never gets out, then you is slightly wrong, but I wouldn't mind if you'd've happened to be right either :) S'all about doing what you want, guys! Rock on!

nice thread BNC!

hmm...
I'm 18 years old. I like reading fantasy, and write fantasy. I've been very fascinated by the fantasy genre all my life. I read the Lord of the Rings trilogy when i was 13, and inspired by the master " John Ronald Reuel Tolkien ", i started to write my own fantasy novels when i was about 15.
Here are some of my favorite Fantasy books:

LOTR Trilogy
Silmarillion
The dark Elf Trilogy
Belgarion Saga
Wheel of Time

I also play alot of Fantasy based roleplaying. I like PC games such as "Neverwinter Nights", "Baldurs Gate" and "Icewind Dale", but nothing beats the SNES classics "Lemmings, Zelda and Mario..always been a nintendo patriot :D
I play drums in a punk/metal band called "Not Your Savior". We are four members, and our music is a combination of Melodic Metal and Punk..trying to be original :). Check out "Shadow Warriors" on : www.mp3.com ...we play the same music as them, but we started first, hehe. We got no website or mp3s on the net yet, but we will probably do a website in the future.

I will then finish the whole thing of with my favorite bands:
POWER QUEST, EDGUY, Iron Maiden, Stratovarius, Freedom Call, Angra, ManOwaR, Blind Guardian, Rhapsody, Nightwish, Sonata Arctica, Gamma Ray, Dragonforce, Kamelot, Nocturnal Rites and of course Green Day :D

hi!!!!!!!!

im 15 years old and im from quebec canada so pardon me if my english is not really great . im big video games player i own an xbox :) i have a part time job in a restaurant so its enough to have a little bit of money. i listen to power metal and to melodic death metal my favorite bands are :powerquest(of course) in flames(before r2r) sonata arctica edguy dark tranquillity children of bodom quo vadis iced earth rhapodsoy avantasia and detonation ...... ect

cheers :)

I'm 24 years old and was introduced to metal by my older brother probably in 1984 with bands like Kiss, WASP, Twisted Sister, Dio, Iron Maiden, Judas Priest and so on.

I live in Tornio, Finland and am studying Visual and Media Arts at a polytechnic. I'm also a gigantic hockey fan.

And like WW I'm also a drummer, a lousy one, but drummer still. I'm in two "bands", the first one has existed for 3 or 4 years, but we still don't have a name. The music is typical heavy metal, but we haven't finished a song yet. :p We just have pieces here and there. Also the other members are located at Oulu, whereas I'm not. We have two guitarists, but the other one can't keep in the rhythm, our bass player should have been institutionalised years ago and we've never had a singer, but other than that we're doin fine. :D

The other one was formed during this week with some school mates and we'll start jamming next week, hopefully. This one will most likely be called Sähkökatkolaitos, which is finnish and translates as: power-cut-plant. The music style is yet to be figured out.

And finally some of my favorite bands: Amorphis, Ayreon, Angel Dust, Blind Guardian, Dream Theater, Edguy, Evergrey, Freedom Call, Helloween, Iron Maiden, Kamelot, Lake of Tears, Nightwish, Pain of Salvation, Paradise Lost, Queensryche, Rhapsody, Rough Silk, Royal Hunt, Savatage, Sentenced, Shadow Gallery, Sonata Arctica, Stratovarius, Summoning, Symphony X, Tad Morose, Vanden Plas and a million others. :p

My name's Glyn, I'm 27 years old and live in Hull, East Yokshire, UK. My favourite band of all time is Gamma Ray. But I also like Helloween, Blind Guardian, Rhapsody, Iced Earth, Hammerfall, Steel Prophet, Children Of Bodom, Warlord, POWERQUEST (obviously), Freedom Call, Sonata Arctica, Stratovarius, Nocturnal Rites, Angra, Dark Avenger, Old Style Queensryche, Savatage, Seven Witches, Annihilator, Angel Dust, Sinergy and too many more to name. I also like more traditional stuff such as Maiden, Judas Priest, Metallica, Rainbow, Saxon, Motorhead Europe, Dio and Def Leppard (apart from latest album) as well as most 80s rock in general.

Apart from music I also like Motorbikes (sadly my budget forbids prevents me from racing right now), fast cars and British History. I also play Rugby League for Bilton Sully's in the CMS League www.Biltonsullys.com.

Thought I should own up too!

I'm the wrong side of 40! Old enough to have seen both Black Sabbath and Led Zeppelin at the Marquee Club in London...

I am happily married and have a 17 year old daughter.

I run a multi site travel organisation around the UK, but heres the best bit.....I work from home, so plenty of time to play my music and to surf the net!!

My faves are Stratovarius, Sonata Artica, Nightwish, Mob Rules, Praying Mantis, Theshold, Gamma Ray, Heavenly, Edguy.

Plus the older stuff, Stray, Mountain, Ozzy, Pink Fairies.

:worship:

Ah ha! Father Time...your identity is finally revealed!

:lol:

What is age though eh? I'll be 31 in a few days. Must have been great to see those shows at the Marquee club way back when.

And working from home.....that's got to be the way. I wouldn't mind a bit of that particular pie myself! hehe!;)

Hey there everybody here!
I come from the Threshold forum, so someone here already knows me but perhaps doesn't know who the heck I am :p

Let's go: I'm Rob, also known as Rob 'n' Roll or Impossiball (and sometimes Ed Warner). I'm a 25 years old (one of the youngest here, can't believe it! :eek: ) italian, living in Rome, where I work as a programmer (Visual Basic, ASP, plus some webmastering).

I like reading books, fantasy of course (Tolkien, Brooks), and I'm a big fan of Mike Gayle (any of you likes him ?); I'm also into movies, videogames (mainly football-based and retrogaming in general), japanese manga & anime, and music of course!

I'm a lot into 80's glam rock, like Guns 'n' Roses, Pretty Boy Floyd, Poison, Motley Crue, Def Leppard, Cinderella, L.A. Guns, Van Halen, Great White, Wasp, Mr. Big, and so on...
And yet, into metal! I used to be a power metal fan, but now I'm a bit more picky... my fave metal bands are Threshold (I'm the webmaster of the one and only official "unofficial fan page", called Light And Space), Rage and Symphony X. I also like Amorphis, Savatage (I used to be part of Hounds, the italian fan club), Him, Dream Theater (but not the latest), Conception, Lions Share, Shadow Gallery, The Gathering...
Other stuff I like: Beatles, Alice In Chains, a couple of italian acts like Litfiba, Ligabue, Elio e Le Storie Tese, Suzanne Vega...
I DONT like most of the italian metal bands!!! :)

I play the bass in a powerpop-party rock'n'roll band called:Bubblegum Kiss (the website is in italian but it has an english section, with info and mp3 clips).

I'm still excited for the wonderful weekend spent in Switzerland with Madrigal (which sometimes posts here, so soon will introduce herself, I guess) and Light, Threshold forum regulars, to see Threshold. We had a very, very great day!!! :) Review and pics coming soon, on the "right" forum of course - for those who care! :grin
I also had the pleasure to meet Steve Scott (bassist) from Power Quest in Pratteln, a very nice guy!!! He gave me a free Threshold t-shirt (but I had to work "hard" to get it! :D and 16 (sixteen!) posters! But that's another story...)

Cheerz to everybody here!

Originally posted by Kalmakoff

I'm in two "bands", the first one has existed for 3 or 4 years, but we still don't have a name. The music is typical heavy metal, but we haven't finished a song yet. :p We just have pieces here and there. Also the other members are located at Oulu, whereas I'm not. We have two guitarists, but the other one can't keep in the rhythm, our bass player should have been institutionalised years ago and we've never had a singer, but other than that we're doin fine. :D

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHHA
HAHA HAHAHAHA
HAHAHHAHHAHA

...hey, Kalmakoff..... you always gotta look at the bright side of things, don't you? I just love your optimism and hope you'll keep on doing fine! :D

Best of luck also with your new second band.

About the age thing... isn't it so true! There seem to be people ranging from 15 to the "wrong side of 40" (which one is that?) here on this board -- and... well, still everyone gets on so well without caring in the slightest about just this age...

Erm... talking about all this.... I'm 32 on the paper, but at heart everything between 7 and 7777 years old..... so pfffttttffffttpppfffttt.t.t.t :lol:

Short introduction:
I came here from the Threshold board (they are my most loved and special band of all), got stuck because of the nice people here and otherwise listen any style of music as long as it's got heart, soul and mind and touches me; intelligent lyrics appreciated, too. Well, and heavy guitars ! ;)
- Generally I'm into stuff that doesn't meet the eye, love reading, writing and of course and above all MUSIC (both active and passive) but could say to be interested in more or less everything under the moon.

Originally posted by Madrigal
...hey, Kalmakoff..... you always gotta look at the bright side of things, don't you? I just love your optimism and hope you'll keep on doing fine! :D

Best of luck also with your new second band.

Thank you very much, Madrigal! :)

Edit: This is what I wrote on the Angel Dust board about the second band...you decide how well we're doing.

"My "band"....well, we had 2 hours to play, the place is a school property, that's why only 2 hours. I guess it's normal to have some difficulties in the beginning...our keyboard player showed up an hour late, the guitar amps didn't work properly and another guy came just to watch/listen and he turned out to be X times better drummer than I am, but with the powers every Grasshopper King possesses I forced him to step away. :D
The keyboardist was also experiencing some technical problems and when he finally got things to work, the two hours were up.

So, the only song we managed play even a little bit was some crappy Red Hot Chili Peppers song.

I guess we can't get much lower than that! :lol: "

Hehe!
Sounds like us live..We have played on some parties here and there, and there has always been problems with the guitars and shit. The people that are listening to us play, are mostly drunk, so they don't care, hehe..as long it's noise, they're satisfied..:D
yep..we suck :)

NP: Freedom Call - Dancing with tears in my eyes