Welcome new comers to the Power Quest forum....

K, let's see....

My name is, Bob. I'm 20 years old. I'm the webmaster of the official (ghetto), Knights of Tethys website. I'm also the lead vocalist of NY death metal band, Cannibal Britney (another shameless promotion).

I'm highly into weight lifting and I love listening to black, death, doom, black/death, heavy, acid, prog, viking and power metal, power metal being my favorite.

I work at a crappy department store called, Kohl's. I have a girlfriend who I love very much and she's into metal so that's a plus :). I have long hair, haha, and usually wear a band t-shirt/long sleeve and a leather biker jacket.

I have two brothers who aren't into metal which is a bummer, 2 cats, a kitten, a dog, fishies, guinae pig and a hamster. I basically live in a zoo.

Well, that's about it. There's more but I don't wanna bore you guys to death with my life story.

Hey brothers and sisters..

I'm 22 and am now finishing a demo cd with my band Dark Crystal - more about that in a few weeks! (the Crystal King is a character from the story upon which the music is based).

I'm living in Ireland, and I've finished my degree in computing although right now I'm spending more time with music instead of working (or is music work??? lol) because it's what I've always wanted to do, and I needed a break from normal life :)

My fave Heavy Metal bands are Iron Maiden, Hamerfall, Rhapsody, Gamma Ray, Grave Digger, Blind Guardian, Rush, Helloween, Vision Divine, Freedom Call, Stratovarius, Dream Theater, Angra, Scanner... could go on!

I'm also into SF/fantasy books like LOTR, and at the moment I'm really into George R.R. Martin's "A Song of Ice and Fire" series, this really rules and is nearly as good as LOTR !!! Check it out!

Should be pretty cool to hear about this demo...make sure you let us know when it's sorted! :)

Originally posted by Symphony
A warm welcome (if a little late!) to Mr JayKeeley! And greetings also to "heavenly" and "lost not found"

Welcome to the Quest!

I thank you Symphony! :D

I'm probably one of the few who have not heard the entire album yet, but it's in transit as we speak....cannot wait! :D

Symphony - I spoke to the editor at AA (check my signature), and I definitely want to get a review in by the new year. Our site is going through a face lift, and our new webmaster is the same guy who created the Symphony X and Kamelot websites - VERY COOL INDEED. In fact, we'll be sitting on the same server.

In any case, I'll keep you posted...the new AA site launch is this Friday/Saturday.

Just doing my bit to fly the British metal flag out here in the States...(I'm from London originally)... :)

I can almost see that flag of yours from here matey! hehe!

On the subject of websites, I've mentioned in other threads that we are looking to revamp the PQ site during 2003 just to get it looking a bit more classy. The current site is great and functional but it would nice to have a few more "bells and whistles" so to speak.

I await your review as you await your CD Jay!

Originally posted by Symphony
I can almost see that flag of yours from here matey! hehe!

Yeah I feel like Eddie in The Trooper, :lol: Although it all goes a bit quiet on 4th July if you know what I mean, heh.

On the subject of websites, I've mentioned in other threads that we are looking to revamp the PQ site during 2003 just to get it looking a bit more classy. The current site is great and functional but it would nice to have a few more "bells and whistles" so to speak.

Every site needs a revamp once in a while. Thing is, it's quite easy to do yourselves these days because it's become a bit simpler over the years - the problem is, it takes time!

I await your review as you await your CD Jay!

Hehe yeah, thanks. Over at AA, I get the "power corner" because I'm the only staff writer that really gets the power bit going. The others are more into prog, death, black etc. Which is cool because I typically get dibs on the power reviews/interviews. I got to interview Jon Schaffer recently! We even talked about Iron Maiden, heh.

Cheers guys - you really are a friendly bunch on this forum! :)

Let me say, Jon Schaffer was the friendliest guy. I met him at ProgPower USA - everyone was staying at the same hotel and he was walking around at 2am in his Harley jacket looking for beer. :lol:

So I just took the opportunity and asked him for an interview, and he was so cool about doing it there and then. I just couldn't believe my luck. I was so honored. I mean the whole thing took ten minutes with me scribbling notes on scraps of paper, but its something I'll never forget! :worship:

All these musicians (including the PQ guys) don't realize how important they are to us - they regard themselves as equals to the fans, and that is the best thing about the power metal community in general wouldn't you agree? :headbang:

HI, I'm John from Underground Zine Scene fanzine. I'm new to this forum though I'm a regular on Progpower. I've known about Power Quest for sometime now as I heard the original MP3's when they were first posted. I have a copy of Wings of Forever courtesy of the band for review and I'm loving it. I hope to see them at Progpower 4.0!

John

http://www.geocities.com/zinescene.geo