Welcome new comers to the Power Quest forum....

Yes, JayKeeley. I agree 100% with you about the power metal community acting like equals to their fans. It is wonderful that they don't feel they are untouchable or to good for their fans. Yeah, It's one of the best things about the power metal community.

God's gift to us metal fans. :headbang: Power Metal!!

Originally posted by JayKeeley
All these musicians (including the PQ guys) don't realize how important they are to us - they regard themselves as equals to the fans, and that is the best thing about the power metal community in general wouldn't you agree? :headbang:

It certainly makes you feel special, yes, and I love it :D I think it's a great statement of level-headedness when these people can be showered with constant praise and not let it go to their heads. Fan-der-fucking-tastic! :D

I regard myself first and foremost to be a metal fan, and it just so happens that I'm in a band too. I may not always be in a band but I sure as hell will always be a metal fan. It certainly keeps things in perspective for me.

I guess the fact that it has taken many years to get to this point also helps me to appreciate the situation and especially to appreciate the support from all you guys here on the forum.

I would certainly agree, though I wouldn't just restrict it to the Power Metal Community. Being a fanzine editor I have found many of the bands I've been in touch with are very gracious and down to earth. Many put in years of hard work with little recognition and do it for the love of music. It is very nice when a band doesn't lose sight of the fact that were all metal fans regardless of which side of the stage your on.

It's all about the community spirit!

I never got round to doing a quick bio, so here goes:

I'm 32, married to Heather, and we have a 10 month old daughter, Chloe, who's between crawling and standing these days. (Actually she resembles her dad down the pub on a Friday night! Just kidding, heh). I'm English (originally from London), my wife is American, and we all live in New York.

I'm a project management consultant which means I travel a lot, and am often away from home during the week. However, when I'm not on a project, I'm at home writing for the webzine (Appropriate Apocalypse) and talking to you lot on this forum! Being a staff writer at AA is something I do for the support of the underground scene and for my love of metal!

I actually like all genres of metal (power metal being my favourite) - bands like Edguy, Iron Maiden, Blind Guardian, Symphony X, Gamma Ray, Kreator, Arch Enemy, Nile, In Flames, Rhapsody, Opeth, Borknagar, Marty Friedman, Iced Earth, Angra, Black Sabbath. As you can tell, it's whole melting pot of CDs in my house...however the collection calls for one demanding addition for PowerQuest, and it is somewhere over the Atlantic as I write...

JK.