Live Setlists?

Apr 25, 2004
Oxfordshire, UK
Ok so all this talk of the gigs with Katatonia has got me really excited about Forest Stream live gigs, and then I started wondering what songs the band play and have played...I looked through as many threads as I could find without the search function regarding live shows but couldn't really find any setlists, and it just really intrigued me so if anyone can recall or has a record of any FS shows and what songs they played then please post them here and dizcuss!

Obviously I know the one at the Katatonia gigs...are there any songs that have never been played off Tears... I wonder (besides into's/outro's of course ;) )? Man it would be so amazing to see Snowfall or Last Season Purity or Mel Kor...or anything off that album live...and then to hear the new stuff too which I'm so anxious to hear, it must be pretty amazing, gotta experience it someday...

So yeah, anyone have any setlists, or reports of their experiences not yet mentioned or anything?!?

The setlist on our gigs with Katatonia was
1.Bless U To Die (new)
2. The Autumn Dancers (new)
3. Winter Solstice
4. Black Swans
5. Rider on The Bonez (cover of Diabolical Masquerade)
6. Nowhere (cover of Katatonia)
7. Withut God (played with Katatonia members)

Before this shows we played something like the following tracklist
Bless U To Die
Legend
Last Season Purity
Mel Kor
Winter Solstice
Black Swans
Rider on The Bonez and/or I Am the Black Wizards (Emperor)

This list was undergoing changed depending on different terms

There was a very special moment during the Moscow gig. We played The Autumn Dancers for the second time in our life and I felt so... inside the song. And while singing...

White ships of mist are moored in the morning -
The final taste of the sweet night wine.
Tonight we got to knopw the sorrow
And cold ghostly wind will take us all away at dawn

It'll carry the ashes back through the grieving night
Away from the brightening horizon
And one the wings of a doleful sigh
It will release them into the dazzling winter day...

my heart was tearing apart... so I broke into tears. I mean I simply love this song as well as I love all new. So graceful and majestic they are...

There will be another gig on 30th of October, where we hope to play The Seventh Symphony of Satan - second part MAYBE!!

"Relax" venue presumably. Although I am not entirely sure. That will be a doom metal fest without headliners, I reckon, just invited guests.
Cheers :)))

Omin said:
The setlist on our gigs with Katatonia was
1.Bless U To Die (new)
2. The Autumn Dancers (new)
3. Winter Solstice
4. Black Swans
5. Rider on The Bonez (cover of Diabolical Masquerade)
6. Nowhere (cover of Katatonia)
7. Withut God (played with Katatonia members)

Before this shows we played something like the following tracklist
Bless U To Die
Legend
Last Season Purity
Mel Kor
Winter Solstice
Black Swans
Rider on The Bonez and/or I Am the Black Wizards (Emperor)

This list was undergoing changed depending on different terms

Heey Omin thanks a lot for posting these it means a lot, exactly what I was hoping for...and makes an interesting read! And shows the contrast between older and more recent shows...man I just can't get over how amazing it must be to see songs like Last Season Purity, Mel Kor or Winter Solstice live...to see and hear that part in Mel Kor about 5 minutes in with the woeful piano solo, and the guitars re-enter and it's just fucking soul crushing, so atmospheric and so full with emotion and ice cold sorrow...to see that live would be an indescribably intense and amazing experience for me. Somn I can understand how you must get overwhelemd with such emotions when playing live given the nature of the songs and how filled they are with real emotions and such doominess and melancholy, and that's so cool that you do get so into your performances and pour so much passion into them too as I'm sure there are so many bands that do not get anywhere near like that. And now I even more can't wait to hear the new material either :)...

I agree, Snowfall and winter solstice and black swans in the same set would be amazing, Snowfall is my favorite along side with Winter Solstice as well, If you guys come to America, It would be amazing if you played snowfall and the rest of ther songs from tears. I cant wait to hear the new material, is there a tentative release date in the air? or maybe a sample or something on your website? hehe, ttys

I think you guys should figure out how to release a DVD with full performance of tears, and the crown of winter... and also a nice documentary, sort of like da Opeth DVD!! You can do it!

We would love to folks! We also hope to make a presentation of The Crown of Winter after it is released, therefore you can imagine how annoying this delay is. And we are damn dying to play in Europe and Worldwide, but any place abroad is increadibly difficult to bring our band to. I gues after the second CD the band is more or less formed thus there will be less problems to get our team to Europe, PRESUMAB_LEE. Now I am about to post some pictures of our gig with Katatonia. :))) So my status is - "making a thread"...
As for "Snowfall", yes we did play it live several times and will play it again in future for sure. As a matter of fact this one is one of my favs too.

Sonm said:
We would love to folks! We also hope to make a presentation of The Crown of Winter after it is released, therefore you can imagine how annoying this delay is. And we are damn dying to play in Europe and Worldwide, but any place abroad is increadibly difficult to bring our band to. I gues after the second CD the band is more or less formed thus there will be less problems to get our team to Europe, PRESUMAB_LEE. Now I am about to post some pictures of our gig with Katatonia. :))) So my status is - "making a thread"...
As for "Snowfall", yes we did play it live several times and will play it again in future for sure. As a matter of fact this one is one of my favs too.

I'm in total agreeance with the posts of Oinkness and AutumnElegy! A DVD would be fucking awesome...

The presentation of the Crown of Winter sounds very interesting and exciting (you mean video presentation right? or am I being stoopid?) It's totally understandable that it must be so difficult for you guys to come to Europe and the rest of the world, I guess we will just have to pray it will one day happen and maybe after the release of the new album this could be the time, it would truely be a dream to see you live, to see you play songs like Snowfall...that's really awesome you've played it before (lucky ppl whoeever was there hehe) and even moreso you will play it again! It's just such a huge peak of emotion and despair on the album (altho really every song peaks with this heh heh), and when all goes quiet apart from the almost silent held keyboard chord and you whisper "I have left this all to contemplate the snowfall,
To realize myself..." and the kind of tortured, slow and graceful but pained clean guitars come in...man...I like to listen to that song with my headphones late at night in the cold and look at the stars etc. and it's a truly intense, awesome experience, the album in fact has quite some special value to me from when I listened to it heavily at certain significant periods in my life, and it's just one of those albums that evokes so many feelings of emotion and also of nature, particular seasons etc. that to listen to it outside or similar adds a whole extra value to it. To see that song, or any of the songs from it live would just be indescribable for me...
I can't blame you Somn that it's one of your favourites also :) so what other songs do you guys like most??