Living room speakers

tgs

Elder
I'm looking into getting new speakers for the living room. I was considering Dynaudio BM15A at first since I've heard them and liked them, but it doesn't fit my budget.

Actually I'm looking more for passive speakers, and I don't mind if they're a bit hyped in the bass. Then again, I don't want a big hole in the mid range. I also would prefer a full-range system to going 2.1.

Since I live in Portugal, it's a bit trickier with finding various brands and even worse with testing (much easier in my native Sweden). I'm checking this site right now:
http://www.redcoon.pt/

From scouring the web for reviews, the JBL ES100 and Polkaudio TSi 500 seem to be popular options. Does any of you know anything about these, or do you have any other tips? Preferably something I can get (and demo!) in Portugal of course!

EDIT: Sorry, forgot to mention. My budget would be around 5-600 euros.

Take a pair of Teufel Berlin speakers and NEVER EVER look back!

I´ve got a Teufel 5.1 system and it´s the biggest bang for the buck you could ever imagine.

Those may be just what you are looking for:

http://www.teufel.de/Stereosysteme/M-320-F.cfm

It´s a hybrid system. The woofer is aktive, the high- and midrange speakers are passive.

Teufel sells only from factory. Thats why they can keep their prices that low... I´m sure they´ll ship to Portugal, and since you´re within the EU you don´t even have to pay customs.

You know I'm a Dynaudio freak, tgs... but why not get a somewhat smaller pair?

The BM15A's will run you ~2400 EUR, a pair of BM12A's ~2000 EUR and the BM5A's in my living-room just short of 1000 EUR... including tax!

Find some Yamaha NS1000's or Bang Olufsen MS-150 if you can go vintage.

A lot of today's speakers are more accurate but don't have the low end that the old speakers had.

With today's stuff the B-I-C America stuff is a great value and there are also some upgrade mods online for those. I don't know if they sell BIC where you are though.

Find some Yamaha NS1000's or Bang Olufsen MS-150 if you can go vintage.

A lot of today's speakers are more accurate but don't have the low end that the old speakers had.

With today's stuff the B-I-C America stuff is a great value and there are also some upgrade mods online for those. I don't know if they sell BIC where you are though.

I searched a bit on BIC but it seems like nobody's selling them here. I've read some good things about NS1000. If I was in Sweden it would probably be easier to find, but here I really wonder. And to find someone willing to ship them, I don't know, hehe...