LIZZY BORDEN on Headbangers Ball

Jasonic

Doom On!
Apr 14, 2004
West Burbs of Chicago
So they played a Lizzy Borden vid tonight on the ball.
Holy shit, did it kick ass!!

Great traditional metal!!

I never cared for these guys back in the day, but this song (which I don't recall the name) was great.

The main dude looks completely different now.

I know some of you were discussing them a while back.

I never cared for these guys back in the day, but this song (which I don't recall the name) was great.

did we watch the same video? that was garbage....I will admit they played an old video from the 80's a few weeks back which was more traditional metal.

did we watch the same video? that was garbage....I will admit they played an old video from the 80's a few weeks back which was more traditional metal.

They looked all nu metal and crap, but I thought the song was good...
I caught the vid after it started, so I didn't even know who it was until it was over.

I was like, "Who is this, Mushroomhead? 69 Eyes, Wednesday 13, etc, etc, and why are they playing power metal??????"

I will have to check if they have a My Space and check em out again.

At first listen, I thought it was good.

Well yeah, that's why I mentioned them as a band I wanted to see at Powerfest. I'd take their traditional metal any day over metalcore, as they are a pretty good band these days. They would have been a quality addition to the Powerfest lineup. I couldn't imagine they would be a real expensive band, but I could be wrong.

Britt

I just saw the video on their website .. their appearance is pretty weird these days. Lizzy himself has always wore some sort of facepaint, and costume, so that was to be expected. They haven't changed their sound much though ... pretty much traditional metal. I think the song in question was pretty strong though, and far from garbage, but to each his own.

Britt

Well yeah, that's why I mentioned them as a band I wanted to see at Powerfest. I'd take their traditional metal any day over metalcore, as they are a pretty good band these days. They would have been a quality addition to the Powerfest lineup. I couldn't imagine they would be a real expensive band, but I could be wrong.

Britt

I have a feeling that they would be expensive....more of an ego thing.